Thaiway

Plastic Surgery In Thailand

Rate this topic

Thailand has been deemed to be the "Mecca" of cosmetic surgery throughout Southeast Asia. With cosmetic surgery becoming more popular than ever, millions of tourists travel to the country not just to see the sights but to avail of affordable cosmetic procedures as well.

Here are some reasons as to why locals and foreigners prefer to have their cosmetic surgery procedures done in Thailand:

1. The procedures are practically affordable. On certain procedures, you can save as much as 50% from what you would usually pay back at home.

2. The doctors are as skilled and the facilities are as excellent as in other countries. Of course, like in any other countries, there will always be shady individuals and medical practitioners. The key is in researching and in choosing the right doctor and medical facility. Thailand has plenty of skilled cosmetic surgeons who can do safe and confidential procedures.

3. Tourists who visit Thailand for cosmetic surgery also have another thing on their list - and that's getting a private and luxurious vacation as well. Imagine recovering from a cosmetic procedure in a private beach resort with beautiful sunshine, amazing cuisine and a wonderful Thai spa service on the side? All for even half the price of the total surgery cost that you would pay at home.

So when it comes to getting a part of your body enhanced, come to Thailand.

--

By the way, what do you think of cosmetic surgery?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe so as well. If I had the money, I'd probably get my nose done just a bit. Or at least have some work done on my legs - they have unsightly scars from my childhood chicken pox, and they're not coming off no matter how I try. But, alas, I can't afford to pay for cosmetic surgery yet so I'll just stick to talking about plastic surgery. Haha.

I walk down the street and these sexy Thai ladies say, "hey handsome man." I look around and she is talking to me. She is too young to have an eye problem. No seeing eye dog. Why have plastic surgery when they like you just the way you are?

I have a gay friend who came back from Thailand with 36C boobs on. LOL. So True.

I got 36C boobs with no traveling and no surgery...just too many calories and not enough exercise. :D

Hey, are fake boobs as prevalent among Thai women as they are among American women? I am sooo not a fan of fake boobs. Even though I like big ones, I prefer them small and real to big and plastic-y.

I am not into face lifts and tummy tucks and the like, but might consider having some skin tags and age spots removed. If I knew a little more about the teeth whitening procedures, I might even do that one day.

I got 36C boobs with no traveling and no surgery...just too many calories and not enough exercise. :D

Hey, are fake boobs as prevalent among Thai women as they are among American women? I am sooo not a fan of fake boobs. Even though I like big ones, I prefer them small and real to big and plastic-y.

I am with you and like small and perky more than big and rubbery.

Tooth whitening is simple, safe, fast (1 hour), and inexpensive, I think I saw ad for it for 6500 baht. There is some tenderness for about 24 hours, but nothing horrendous. So I have been told. I haven't had it done. For smokers or those who drink a lot of coffee or black tea, it will need to be done again in time.

Do you mean the tray based whitening strips, strips or paints? So far, I've only used Colgate Simply White. I think they've discontinued this product, but I loved it. It did away with those messy strips and hard to use trays.

It was very easy to use, and affordable to - all I had to do was dip the tiny brush into the solution and paint it on my teeth. I'd leave it there for thirty minutes (no eating, smoking or drinking at all) and then after thirty minutes I'd brush my teeth.

I only tried it for a month but it did whiten my teeth - A BIT. I have seen the effects of cosmetic teeth whitening, the results aren't that quite drastic. But it was okay for me since my teeth weren't exactly that yellow. I suppose if I had used it even longer, I would have had whiter teeth.

Do you mean the tray based whitening strips, strips or paints?

Yes, those are the ones. I use to see them advertised but never tried them. As I grow older, it seems with the coffee and wine drinking, my teeth are more yellow than white. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut?

Hahaha oh yes. Or cover your mouth with a hankerchief when you speak. haha

Do try them. I like the whitening paint better. It's easier to use, and not as painful or as irritating to the gums as the strips are.

There's a new teeth whitening by Kim Kardashian (if you don't know her, she's that starlet who catapulted into celebrity-dom the usual way, through a sex video and a reality tv show after..and oh, not to mention her humongous butttt!!). I don't know if they're just endorsers or if it's their product, but it's called IDOL WHITE. Works like teeth paint as well.

The site gives a free sample kit (you only have to pay for the shipping and handling), but since we live in Asia, the shipping and handling costs might be hefty. I think you can get it locally from your local ebay or online marketplaces as well as online sellers in your vicinity.

Will give you an update soon because I plan to try it!