Thaiway

Another Supreme Court Appointment for Obama?

Rate this topic

Wino

Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized overnight for treatment of anemia. Seems anemia is a side effect of the chemotherapy she is receiving for her pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer is a hard cancer to beat. Let's hope the 76 year old justice can win this battle. Does anyone remember who was number two and three on the list behind Sonya Sotomayor?

There's nothing in the Constitution that says you have to be a lawyer in order to be on the Supreme Court.

Given some of the decisions the current court has made I'd say that clowns, serial killers, car salesmen and Delta Burke might do a better job.

How right you are. Since there are no set rules or qualifications for a Supreme Court nominee, my ten year old nephew could sit on the court if nominated by the president and passed by the senate. That being said, I do not believe there has been a Supreme Court justice in our history that has not been a lawyer.

There's nothing in the Constitution that says you have to be a lawyer in order to be on the Supreme Court.

Given some of the decisions the current court has made I'd say that clowns, serial killers, car salesmen and Delta Burke might do a better job.

Delta Burke was hot. Just sayin'.

I think the court needs more diversity. Seriously, being a lawyer is nice and all, but if it's all lawyers that really limits them.

I think adding someone like Michael Jordan who could bring a good jump shot or Jenna Bush who could teach them how to do Jager shots would balance things out.

I think former President Clinton is a perfect choice for the nomination. Qualified and would add great charisma to the court.

I would sure like to see this happen, although I don't believe Clinton would take the job. He is having too much fun doing what he does now. How about Al Gore?

No doubt.

He gets all the trim he wants in Harlem and she gets to fly around the world kicking ass.

A win-win situation. Too bad more couples can't work things out like that. You would have thought Prince Charles and Diana could have worked out a suitable arrangement.