Thaiway

Anyone see the new show Vampire Diaries?

Rate this topic

CrazyExpat

Have you seen True Blood yet?

I loved True Blood. I thought it was great and can't wait to see the new season. I have always loved Vampire Movies and TV shows. Not sure why. There were a few out last year and there seems to be more. Twilight seems to have captivated the young adult audience and I can see why. The books are fantastic and the movie last year was really enjoyable.

I watched the first five episodes of True Blood when it first aired here, but I lost track. I loved the American backwater setting, the characters and Sookie's accent.

Twilight - neh. When I first read the book it reminded me of Sweet Valley High, only with vampires in it. I didn't bother watching the movie.

Moonlight is another Vampire series. I don't know if you've heard of it, but it was cancelled last year. I was only able to watch the seasons from a DVD copy. It's a paranormal romance story set in bustling Los Angeles. The setting is basically the opposite of True Blood.

Anyway, it's about the life of vampire Mick St. John, who is also a vampire, his attraction to a mortal woman and his friendship and dealings with other vampires from LA as well.

It's a bit nice to watch vampire movies/TV shows or read vampire books and compare how vampires are portrayed there. There are similarities (blood drinking, aversion to sunlight), but each author has created differences among their vampires (Twilight vampires turn gold under the sun, Moonlight vampires dehydrate), and comparing these differences never ceases to amaze me.

Moonlight is another Vampire series. I don't know if you've heard of it, but it was cancelled last year. I was only able to watch the seasons from a DVD copy. It's a paranormal romance story set in bustling Los Angeles. The setting is basically the opposite of True Blood.

Moonlight was canceled. I enjoyed it. The lead actress landed a new gig in Defying Gravity. Have you seen that one yet? It took an episode or two to get into, but the last episode was a great cliffhanger. I can't wait to see what they think they saw.