Thaiway

District licensing officials raid 4 boy bars in Soi Sunee Plaza.

Rate this topic

CrazyExpat

Pattaya, September 8 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : In the early hours of Tuesday Morning, the Banglamung District Licensing Officials were back in Soi Sunee Plaza in South Pattaya to check a total of 4 bars who were known to be operating illegally following previous raids. The raid was led by Khun Pongtasit, the Deputy Chief of Banglamung District who raided the Villa Rouge Bar, the Crazy Dragon Bar, the Red Night Pub and the Sundance Bar. A total of 12 employees under the age of 18 were found and 34 employees failed drug tests. The Deputy District Chief told us that he would impose an initial 30 day closure order on all venues pending further investigations and promised to continue checking bars in the Sunee Plaza area over the coming weeks.

For the article and photos, go to:

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/september/news_08_09_52_3.shtml

Man, if I walked into a bar and the staff was mostly underage and high, I think I'd just walk out and never come back. Let's face it, in general you can tell when someone is underage and it's almost always obvious when people are on drugs. If the customers will make it clear that we won't deal with drugged out children in our bars, this problem would go away on its own.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, if I walked into a bar and the staff was mostly underage and high, I think I'd just walk out and never come back. Let's face it, in general you can tell when someone is underage and it's almost always obvious when people are on drugs. If the customers will make it clear that we won't deal with drugged out children in our bars, this problem would go away on its own.

I wish I had the talent to detect underage and high staff. Many Thais that work in the bars look young to me. As for detecting whether they are high, really is a talent. With the low lighting in the bars, unless they are acting wild and crazy, I would have no idea they were high on drugs.