Thaiway

Edit Timing - Again

Bob

If at all possible (when the time and ability arises), could you please extend the right to edit for at least 10 minutes or so(actually an hour would be even better). Like everybody else, I end up reading what I've posted within a few minutes of posting something and see that my spelling or grammar was a bit off and/or that I omitted something - only to find out that the system won't let me edit it. I can understand a time limit but it's way too short with this board.

With most forums the administartor can set whatever time limit they like.

The reason for the limit is that many people when in an internet arguiement want to change their posts in a meaningful way.

Generally, moderators have an unlimited time to chnage their posts which is nice on a Forum that I moderate cause I make lots of spelling and grammar areas and like having the extra time to fix them.

You should be able to edit your own posts for up to 30 mins. I just added this in the Admin. Let me know if there is more we can do. Thanks!

That's cool. Thanks. Now it would actually be helpful if I could arrange my thoughts coherently in the first place!

• 4 weeks later...