Thaiway

The Rape Tunnel

Rate this topic

smoker

Some dude in Ohio claims he wants to build a "rape tunnel" as a performance art piece.

Really.

http://gawker.com/5369615/enter-the-rape-tunnel-for-art

He says:

""I've constructed a 22 ft tunnel out of plywood that leads into the project room. There is no way in or out of the project room except for this tunnel. As you travel through the tunnel, it gets smaller and smaller, making it so that you have to crawl and put yourself in a submissive position in order to reach the tunnel's destination. At the end of the tunnel the subject will find me waiting in the project room and I'll try to the best of my ability to overpower and rape the person who crawls through.

"I want to make it clear that I plan to make the experience as unpleasant as I possibly can to anyone who dares to crawl through the tunnel. I will try to the best of my ability to make them regret their decision."

WTF?

If a girl or guy goes in there, he or or she is consenting, right? So the rape can't happen? Or can it? What if he or she changes her mind halfway through the tunnel? Is it rape then?

I'm going to assume this is a weird art hoax - but for the sake of argument let's assume it's not.

What are the ethical moral questions this poses to you? What are the answers?

Also, would it be fair to do a simultaneous art piece where someone stands at the entrance to the tunnel and hands out pepper spray and knives to the people who are about to go in?