Thaiway

Difference between Aviator and Photo

On the right hand side of the board, you will see a group of people that are today's top posters. Some have photos there. Those photos are the ones uploaded by the users as Photos. It is NOT their aviator. Both can be uploaded in the same area. But, one is your profile photo and one is your aviator. You can have the same image for both or you can change them.

To change them, click on your name at the top and go to My Settings and My Profile and Edit Profile. You can change either one of these or both at any time as often as you like.

Sorry if there was any confusion!

• 1 month later...

Yes, I think it is called an avatar. In the language of photography enthusiasts at yahoo flickr, avatar is used frequently and cannot remember aviator popping out ever.

From what I've heard, a photo, which you upload for your profiles must be a real photo. While an avatar is a graphic image, a logo that can also be used for one's profile.

In the language of photography enthusiasts at yahoo flickr, avatar is used quite a lot of times when they refer to self portrait and cannot remember aviator ever popping out.

From what I have heard, a photo, which you download for your profile must be a real photo. On the other hand, an avatar is a graphic image or a logo that one may also use for his profile. Which would you rather have for your profile, a real picture or a logo?