Thaiway

Julie & Julia

Rate this topic

Thaimo

I have a feeling that those of you interested in cooking will fall in love with the film "Julie & Julia." I thought it was excellent. After seeing it I just must try Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon recipe.

Lvdkeyes, have you seen this film yet? I'm very curious as to what you thought of it.

I saw it on the plane going to OZ. I want to see it on the big screen, but it hasn't come to Pattaya. I thought the film was very well done. I wonder how they made Meryl Streep look so tall.

Thaimo, do you have her Beouf Bourguignon recipe? I can send it if you don't.

Yes, I have the recipe. It is available online. I'll bet you have a recipe of your own too and if so I'd like to try it.

I read about how they made her look so tall:

"Because of Meryl Streep's height (5'6") several camera/set/costume tricks had to be employed to mimic Julia Child's height (6'2"). Countertops were lowered, Streep wore extra high heels, and forced perspective camera angles were used."

"Because of Meryl Streep's height (5'6") several camera/set/costume tricks had to be employed to mimic Julia Child's height (6'2"). Countertops were lowered, Streep wore extra high heels, and forced perspective camera angles were used."

It is amazing what the camera angles can do. I would have thought Meryl was 6'2".