Thaiway

Bus To/From Airport

Rate this topic

Beer Chang

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I looked it up it didn't show rates for long term parking.

In any case, if I make a trip that lasts more than 7 to 10 days or so, I don't think I would pay the price for the convenience of having my car right there at the airport, especially if shuttle service to and from the parking lot isn't any good. When parking starts getting expensive, that's when taking my chances with a service such as Bell or just taking one of the airport buses or a taxi makes much more sense to me. Also, I recently read a post somewhere that while there is some sort of a shuttle service to and from the parking lot, you still have to haul your luggage from wherever you parked to the shuttle bus and it can be quite a distance. I would think if the weather is bad it could be much more than simply inconvenient.

Of course the timing has to be right.

Yes, that's a very good point. It's nice that there are many alternatives for getting to and from the airport, but the timing is certainly a factor. Something I don't really understand about some of these transportation services is the fact they are not available 24 hours a day. They start in the morning, but in most cases services end about 9:00pm or so. But many international flights arrive much later than that and many outbound travelers have to get to the airport in the wee hours of the morning. I would have thought most of the transportation companies would want the business, and there's plenty of it, but to my knowledge the only service that runs at those hours is the taxis. That makes no sense to me.

Something I don't really understand about some of these transportation services is the fact they are not available 24 hours a day. They start in the morning, but in most cases services end about 9:00pm or so.

I know Bell Travel Service is a private company and suspect the Airport-Jomtien bus service may also be a money making business. The fact they do not have 24 hour bus service is most probably due to the bottom line. Perhaps the cost of 24 hour bus service is too expensive and the customer demand is not high? It sure would be nice to have a bus available when I arrive at 1 AM, but doesn't look like that will happen. I am glad I can hire a car and driver for 1,000 baht to wisk me away to Pattaya.