Thaiway

Pattaya Countdown 2010

Rate this topic

Wino

I think the countdown to 2010 was a success. I enjoyed seeing the fireworks.

PATTAYA’S COUNTDOWN TO 2010 ANNOUNCED TO THE WORLD

The “Amazing Pattaya, Amazing Countdown Campaign†is underway again for the second year running. The campaign runs in coalition with a government project called; “Amazing Thailand, Amazing Value,†which is attempting to revitalise Thailand’s image and viability as a high class tourist destination.

Pattaya, the 21st of December 2009 [PDN]: This year’s countdown campaign is expected to bring over 500,000 tourists to Fun City in order to enjoy the festive celebrations that Christmas and New Year have to offer. The campaign hopes to raise in excess of 500 million baht for the city and its residents.

As a result of the successful event from last year, where the “Pattaya Countdown 2009†brought over 400,000 visitors to the city, leading entertainment organisations such as; GMM Media, TOT, CAT and Thai Beverage Marketing are co-operating together with this years countdown in order to promote the event as one of the best tourism attracts globally. Once again an advertising campaign with world media corporation CNN has started in the attempts to get more international tourism into the country, especially from Europe and America.

The entertainment will be similar to last year, with live music by a variety of international and Thai pop/rock stars, including; So Cool, Paradox, Tik Chiro, Black Head, Slot Machine, Instinct, Boy Peace Maker, Buddha Bless, Playground, Pancake and all the stars from popular TV show, “The Star.†There will also be a food exhibition and Thai cultural show. The New Years Eve celebrations will feature a magnificent fireworks display that will be broadcast live on satellite and cable television from 10:30pm.

The campaign will be a 7 day and night event starting from Friday the 25th of December until Thursday the 31st of December, when the New Year is commenced.

For more info contact:

Pattaya TAT: 038-428-750, 038-427-667

Pattaya City: 038-253-100

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000011508

The city does things like this to bring in the tourists. If you factor in the money spent on hotels, food, gifts and the like, I should think the city fathers thought it was worthwhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't surprise me as well, if this year's tourist season is busier than last year's. I think promotions like Pattaya's Countdown to 2010 is a big draw, especially to many Thais from Bangkok.