Thaiway

Indecent Exposure In Own Home

Rate this topic

Wino

I say if you don't want to see this guy naked, then don't look. It is stupid to arrest this guy in his own home.

FAIRFAX, Va. – A 29-year-old Virginia man has been convicted of indecent exposure after two women said they saw him naked through the windows and doors of his home. Erick Williamson argued in court Friday that he should be free to go au naturel inside his home. But a judge agreed with prosecutors who argued Williamson's actions showed he intended to make himself seen.

Police said he made a point of making himself visible to a 7-year-old boy and his mother as they walked to school along a path outside Williamson's home in October.

Williamson received only a suspended jail sentence and no fine, but still intends to appeal.

Williamson's arrest received national attention and spurred debate about whether someone should be subject to arrest for exposure from inside his own home.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091218/ap_on_fe_st/us_in_home_indecent_exposure

I'm with the judge and prosecutor on this one. Just because it's your own property doesn't mean you can exhibit your nude body (especially if it's ugly!) to the public. And, mind you, this isn't a case about an accidental exposure or two [and I suspect it's more about somebody getting their jollies by exhibiting their weewee (that's a medical term, folks) to the little old ladies walking through the neighborhood].

I'm sure you'd agree that I shouldn't be allowed to stand naked out on my own lawn by the sidewalk. And, if I stood in the garage with the doors closed, no big deal - but I'd guess you'd also agree I shouldn't be standing there naked with the garage doors up.

The key, of course, is what you're publicly displaying, not some antiquated notion of "I was on my own property" or "I was in my own house." If somebody wants to prance naked in their house, shut the damn drapes or don't do it by the windows.

Your home is your castle and you should be able to run around naked if you want. If you are hanging around the window trying to shock anyone passing by, then you are a little creepy and need help. On the other hand, if have a crazy neighbor and she catches an occasion glimpse of you walking by the window, then that is another matter.

Your home is your castle and you should be able to run around naked if you want.

If you installed one-way glass (where only you can see out), agree with you 100%. But, given we've invited the world to look in through 2-way glass, there's some responsibility not to scare the bejesus out of the neighborhood kids or little ol' ladies. Common sense and courtesy would solve most of today's issues.

For most of us over 50, God invented the perfect method of birth contol - it's called nudity. Jeez, I even scare the crap out of myself sometimes when I see myself in the mirror in the morning. :blink: