Thaiway

The NFL in the LOS

Rate this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

and a Super Bowl pro life ad:

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Tim Tebow is taking his star power to sport's biggest stage.

The former Florida quarterback and his mother will appear in a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl next month. The Christian group Focus on the Family says the Tebows will share a personal story centering on the theme "Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life."

The group isn't releasing details, but the commercial is likely to be an anti-abortion message chronicling Pam Tebow's 1987 pregnancy. After getting sick during a mission trip to the Philippines, she ignored a recommendation by doctors to abort her fifth child and gave birth to Tim.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner ended his college career with several NCAA, Southeastern Conference and school records, and two national championships. Tebow also has been very involved in his family's Christian-based ministry.

Jim Daly, president and CEO of Focus on the Family, said the commercial comes at a time when "families need to be inspired."

"Tim and Pam share our respect for life and our passion for helping families thrive," Daly said. "Focus on the Family is about ... strengthening families by empowering them with the tools they need to live lives rooted in morals and values."

Thirty-second commercials during the Super Bowl are selling for between $2.5 million and $2.8 million. Daly said all the funds for the ad came from a handful of "very generous and committed friends," and that no money from the group's general fund was used.

"Now that the ad has been shot, we're excited to tell people it's coming because the Tebows' story is such an important one for our culture to hear," he said. "You won't want to miss it."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4832500

I thought both playoff games were pretty good. The Jets did fine for most of the game but fell apart at the end. The contest between the Vikings and the Saints was an excellent game. I am surprised Favre's 40 year old body could withstand all that punishment. Vikings would have won it, if it weren't for the turnovers. Now onto Miami. I think Manning is going to be hard to beat, but I will be rooting for the Saints.

Brett looked tired towards the end, but he kept going.

While sportswriters will praise his guts, it certainly didn't help his team. Before his last interception, it would have been a 51 yard field goal, possible but low probabilty. On that play, if he wasn't hobbling around, he could have run and picked up another 5-7 years. Very bad pass and would have been better to just throw it away.

While sportswriters will praise his guts, it certainly didn't help his team. Before his last interception, it would have been a 51 yard field goal, possible but low probabilty. On that play, if he wasn't hobbling around, he could have run and picked up another 5-7 years. Very bad pass and would have been better to just throw it away.

All of that is true, but if it were not for Brett, the Vikings would not have been even in this game. Favre has a very low number of interceptions this season. Too bad he threw that interception. I am sure he regretts the throw.

Well, the Pro Bowl was played and nobody cared.

One player complained about the corporate sponsor.

“This is the first Pro Bowl with a corporate sponsor and we didn’t see a chicken nugget all week,†Mawae said. “We’re paying $30 for chicken fingers for our kids. You think they could have given us some chicken nuggets, some fries, even a few coupons, something.â€