Thaiway

Wacky Aussies

Rate this topic

Wino

I have no idea why these four guys would want to shower in a car wash. Maybe they were drunk? Maybe it was to win a bet? Any other ideas?

BRISBANE, Australia – It was just a routine car wash. Except there was no car — and no clothing. Four Australian men who allegedly undressed and soaped up at a car wash have been charged with exposure and public nuisance. Police said the men paid for a wash before stripping nude and cleaning themselves in the soapy water while their female companions took photos.

Police arrived mid-cycle after being called Sunday by Smart Wash operators in the town of Biloela in Queensland state. The four men are due to appear in court next month.

Police and the car wash operator warned the public against mimicking the men, with police saying Tuesday the high-pressure washer could be dangerous, especially if it goes in the eyes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091112/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_australia_car_wash;_ylt=Av6fircAJVlrE6J0xYf6EnPtiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTJxOHBhZ2M3BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMTEyL3VzX29kZF9hdXN0cmFsaWFfY2FyX3dhc2gEY3BvcwMyBHBvcwM0BHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA2F1c3RyYWxpYW5tZQ--

All I can say is thank god they didn't have mobile phone cameras or other video equipment around when I was a teenager (or in my early 20's too). Most people do a few stupid things that are surely best forgotten (and definitely not documented!).

All I can say is thank god they didn't have mobile phone cameras or other video equipment around when I was a teenager (or in my early 20's too). Most people do a few stupid things that are surely best forgotten (and definitely not documented!).

I hear ya...in a few instances I can remember, the video would have been called "prosecution exhibits."