Thaiway

Got My retirement Visa Yesterday

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I qualified under the Embassy Letter Option or Money In The Bank Option as their were issues with both. But I'm good for a year now. :D

Congratulations!! Of course, if you are 50 years of age and your financial qualification is matched with the immigration's requirements, you can surely receive the Retirement Visa in Thailand.

Congratulations!! Of course, if you are 50 years of age and your financial qualification is matched with the immigration's requirements, you can surely receive the Retirement Visa in Thailand.

I think Beer Chang's point was that he did not have the 800,000 K in deposit for the preceding 90 days. Although I think they recently changed the rule to 60 days for the first application. I get confused with the rule changes, each year I go to Immigration for my annual extension there is always some sort of rule change, and different supporting paperwork. I treat each visit with some humour each year, hope for the best, oh... and go 30 days early in case I have a problem.

I think Beer Chang's point was that he did not have the 800,000 K in deposit for the preceding 90 days. Although I think they recently changed the rule to 60 days for the first application. I get confused with the rule changes, each year I go to Immigration for my annual extension there is always some sort of rule change, and different supporting paperwork. I treat each visit with some humour each year, hope for the best, oh... and go 30 days early in case I have a problem.

Khun Patong, I understand on your point. Yes, the immigration in some province, might change the rule in issuing a retirement visa. But I can confirm you that if you have had the 800,000 BHT in your own Thai bank which have been deposited for 3 months OR have the pension/monthly income of al least 65,000 BHT, you can still renew your retirement visa without any problem. If the rules will be changed, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs must have the announcement to all immigration offices.

Khun Patong, I understand on your point. Yes, the immigration in some province, might change the rule in issuing a retirement visa. But I can confirm you that if you have had the 800,000 BHT in your own Thai bank which have been deposited for 3 months OR have the pension/monthly income of al least 65,000 BHT, you can still renew your retirement visa without any problem. If the rules will be changed, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs must have the announcement to all immigration offices.

Sorry to be picky, but would'nt it be better to talk about Visa EXTENSION rather than Visa RENEWAL. To me it's all confusing enough. And regarding rules being changed and announcement. That does not help much if they change the rules just before you need to apply for a new extension. In my case a few years ago just the week before my renewal date they changed the 'money-in-bank' criteria to 90 days. Now I had just put the money in my bank the previous week, so I had no time to comply with the brand new rule. I was not worried, I thought the Immigration officer would make some allowance. But no he refused my application, his solution ... exit Thailand. Charming ...

It was neither an extension or renewal for me. I had one previously but they would not let me extend more than 90 days in advance and I didn't know if I'd be back in Thailand on the expiration date. So rather than get a reentry permit that might not be valid I just let it expire.

I think the immigration officers "sometimes" have leeway so while they could have perhaps said that the letter was too old, or half the money was only there for 60 days, they issued the visa.

I shaved that day (usually I shave every 3 or 4 days and did not wear my Good Boys Go To Heaven Bad Boys Go To Pattaya T-Shirt.