Thaiway

Guess Who is Posing in Playgirl Magazine?

Rate this topic

Wino

He has opened the door and is working hard. As the article above states, "To get ready for his close-up, Johnston is training three hours a day, six nights a week at an Anchorage gym with a local body builder."

So, he's putting in 18 hours a week to get ready for his close-up in a girlie mag. Wow, just imagine what he could accomplish if he put that much effort into something that actually, you know, matters. Like seeing to it that his almost-mother-in-law never resurfaces in American politics anywhere...not even to run for state bear poop scooper.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is using what he has to make a lot of money legally. I don't find anything wrong with that.

I don't either as he's free to do whatever he wants. Unfortunately, the fact that he can make money this way only demonstrates the lack of taste of the people who are paying him to do it and the lack of taste of people who actually pay to see the photos.

But nothing surprises me. At one time, the National Enquirer was the largest selling "newspaper" (haha - that's being generous) in the US.

you know, matters. Like seeing to it that his almost-mother-in-law never resurfaces in American politics anywhere...not even to run for state bear poop scooper.

I think Levi is doing everything within his power to embarrass Grandma Sarah.

Ha! If he's doing it in defiance to her, then I applaud him. But I suspect he's just another oxygen thief, like Britney, K-Fed, Kanye, Lindsey, Paris, Brody and all the rest of them.

An oxygen thief? Isn't that a little harsh?

Oxygen thief!!! What a way to describe a person. I think we need these low life people around. Doesn't it makes so many other people feel superior?

I'm a firm believer that some people are, indeed, better than others. It's not a matter of birth or social or economic standing, but is a matter of what they do. If someone is a harder worker, more considerate, more honest and has accomplished greater things than another person, then yes, I tend to consider the one better than the other, especially if they had equal opportunities. And trust me, there are many, many people in my life that I consider to be better than myself.

I also believe strongly that there are people without whom the world would be a better place. I knew a kid who was involved in a murder when he was just 13 years old, and I followed his "career" for several years after that: robberies, burglaries, assaults, drug dealing, etc. I felt bad for the kid because he was fucked from birth; his mom didn't want him, his biggest influences from the time he could walk were street thugs, he had no education. But, at the same time, he had been given several opportunities to have a different life and ignored them. He was never going to change, just go on causing pain and misery in the lives of those around him. When his mother said she wished she had aborted him, I could only silently agree that the world would have benefited.

As for Levi, Britney, Paris, Joe Francis, and the rest of their ilk, yeah, I feel like the world would be better without them, that their presence only brings us down (or rather, our worship of them does). But the problem with that is that I also believe even more strongly that every person has the right to be and do whatever they want as long as it doesn't cause substantial harm to anyone else. So, while I think they're stealing oxygen that could be better used by someone else, and I wouldn't miss them if they were gone (and don't mind saying it), I have to accept and support the idea that they have just as much of a place in the world as I do. Just wish it was little easier to ignore them.

No doubt that some people are indeed better than others. But because you were blessed with more brains or lucky enough to be raised in a loving family so you could attain your full potential, does not mean others that were not as lucky are looked down upon as oxygen thieves. I am so glad there is plenty of oxygen to go around. I am all for the likes of Levi, Britney, Paris, Joe Francis, and similar people, because this world would be pretty boring if everyone were the same.

The real oxygen thieves are the low life criminals.

And the high life criminals, too. I think there is a lot of people out there that would love to choke the last breath out of old Bernie Madoff and maybe some of his family.

I put Madoff in the low life category. Just because he is rich doesn't elevate him to high life.

Yep, adequately fits ol' Bernie. And I hope his cellmate finds him most attractive....

There are a fair number of filthy rich people that, in spite of their money, are pretty much lowlifes in my view because of their attitudes regarding their own self-importance. And easier to find ol' elite Bernie even more detestable as he stole the money in the first place.

White collar crime is usually in a different category.

I imagine that some 85-year-old woman who had her retirement wiped out in an Enron-type scam and now has to eat cat food to survive might disagree.

But, that said, I've always had more empathy, in general, for criminals than for the Paris Hiltons of the world.