Thaiway

Typhoon Ketsana headed for Thailand

Rate this topic

Wino

I am sure glad Ketsana did not cause the flooding and destruction as it did in the Philippines. I saw some of the pictures on the news from the Typhoon's fury and it was not a pretty sight.

I pray it does not cause havoc and destruction like it did to my country, the Philippines. It hit last Saturday, and it's almost been a week and the death toll is still rising as more bodies are being found (280 as of last night's count). The number of displaced has now also ballooned to more than 700,000 people. I pray to the heavens that it does not cause anymore death and destruction. I believe Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos were also hit, but the fatalities and damage were not as much.

By the way, if you want to help those that have been affected in the Philippines and other countries, please visit this site: http://www.redcross.org.ph/Site/PNRC/wtd.aspx International donations are very much welcome.

I pray it does not cause havoc and destruction like it did to my country, the Philippines. It hit last Saturday, and it's almost been a week and the death toll is still rising as more bodies are being found (280 as of last night's count). The number of displaced has now also ballooned to more than 700,000 people. I pray to the heavens that it does not cause anymore death and destruction. I believe Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos were also hit, but the fatalities and damage were not as much.

By the way, if you want to help those that have been affected in the Philippines and other countries, please visit this site: http://www.redcross.org.ph/Site/PNRC/wtd.aspx International donations are very much welcome.

It saddens me to see all the death and destruction caused by this typhoon to your very beautiful people and country. My heart goes out to you and the numerous people is has touched. Let us hope that things will be back to normal very soon.

It saddens me to see all the death and destruction caused by this typhoon to your very beautiful people and country. My heart goes out to you and the numerous people is has touched. Let us hope that things will be back to normal very soon.

A couple of days after Ketsana, another typhoon - Parma - hit the Philippines as well. Luckily it didn't hit the Manila metropolis (of which 80% was flooded during Ketsana), but headed north. I think the government learned from Ketsana and evacuated people before the typhoon hit.

Which brings us to the question - why do we have to wait for death and destruction before we take precautionary measures?

Which brings us to the question - why do we have to wait for death and destruction before we take precautionary measures?

I guess it is human nature. Like the old saying goes, "we shut the barn door after the horse is gone."

A couple of days after Ketsana, another typhoon - Parma - hit the Philippines as well. Luckily it didn't hit the Manila metropolis (of which 80% was flooded during Ketsana), but headed north. I think the government learned from Ketsana and evacuated people before the typhoon hit.

As a result of all the water from these two typhoons, the Philippines are now plagued with mudslides. It is reported that 160 people have died as a result of these mudslides.

Read more at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091009/ap_on_re_as/as_asia_storm

The Asian and South Pacific region has really experienced natures fury lately and my heart goes out to all those suffering and their families.

My heart goes out to the suffering families, too. I hope there is dry weather and aid soon. Just read that the death toll in the Philippines, as a results of the mudslides has risen to over 250 deaths. May they rest in peace.