Thaiway

ONE TOURIST DIES AND ANOTHER HOSPITALIZED FROM SPIKED DRINKS

Rate this topic

CrazyExpat

When I worked at the airport in Miami, there were a group of Colombian pickpockets who came through pretty consistently to hit the crowds on the main concourse. The airport cops told women to carry their purses as they would a football, tucked in tight against their ribs with their arm between the purse and anybody else, and told the men to put rubberbands around their wallets. The rubberband snags against the cloth of your pocket, making it difficult, if not impossible, to slide out undetected. It was a pain to get your wallet out sometimes, but I never lost mine in the three years I worked there.

I have heard that some of those ladyboy thieves can even unzip your zipper. They must have had a lot of experience with zippers? Your rubber band idea is a good one.

I have heard that some of those ladyboy thieves can even unzip your zipper. They must have had a lot of experience with zippers? Your rubber band idea is a good one.

Can they do that with a broken hand? (which is what they'll have if one of their paws approaches my nether regions....)

What a sad part for the unsuspecting Indians (oh well, if you're bringing in strangers into your hotel room then you know the consequences already). What a lousy reason to kill somebody - for surgery!

But I must hand to the Thai government, as they quickly closed the case. :) I just hope justice is served so that we don't get to see the two ladyboys on the streets again.

What a sad part for the unsuspecting Indians (oh well, if you're bringing in strangers into your hotel room then you know the consequences already). What a lousy reason to kill somebody - for surgery!

But I must hand to the Thai government, as they quickly closed the case. :) I just hope justice is served so that we don't get to see the two ladyboys on the streets again.

I am sure there was no intent to murder these Indian men. I think the ladyboys found a couple of fresh suckers to fleece and only meant to rob them. As we all know, alcohol and sleeping pills are a dangerous combination.

Not sure if the Indian authorities complained about this particular situation, but seems there has been problems with Indian citizens and scam artists in Pattaya. Here is an article from Pattaya One News:

Pattaya, October 13 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : The Tourism Authority of Thailand Region 3, which covers the Pattaya area, recently received complaints from authorities in India regarding the treatment of Indian Tourists who come to Pattaya by some business operators and their staff. These complaints are being treated very seriously as the Tourism Authority are specifically targeting Indian Tourists in their current campaigns to attract more foreign Tourists to the Kingdom. They are also concerned about local criminals who are targeting Indian Tourists who appear to be easy targets for them. Efforts are now being made to rectify these problems in time for the next High Season and it is expected that Indian’s will make up a large proportion of foreign tourists who come to Thailand within the next 6 months. There are some who have criticized the Tourism Authority for not consulting business operators prior to the recent campaigns which may have resolved problems before they occurred. Here in Pattaya further consultations are expected to take place involving businesses and local Police Divisions including the Tourist Police who will be asked to identify and arrest those criminals who are targeting Indian Tourists.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/october/news_13_10_52_4.shtml

No intent.

But they should be prosecuted to the FULLEST extent of the law.

You sound like you would be one of those "hanging judges" of the old west. Even though lady justice is blindfolded, there are circumstances that need to be considered in every trial.

They need to be charge with manslaughter or reckless homicide, at the very least.

I agree that manslaughter would be appropriate, but not murder. There was no intent to murder, although they should have realized that drugs and alcohol could be deadly.