Thaiway

Mustard Chicken

Rate this topic

smoker

MUSTARD CHICKEN

Step One: Purchase three or four boneless skinless chicken breasts, Boil In The Bag Rice, a jar of Dijon mustard, a 16 ounce can of cheap beer, rosemary, thyme and either sugar or honey (depending on which sweetener you prefer.)

Step Two: Cut the chicken breasts into squares.

Step Three: Throw oil in a pan. Throw some of the rosemary and thyme into the bottom of the pan.

Step Four: Make sure your stove is plugged in and turn it on. This is a crucial step.

Step Five: As the oil starts to get hot start spooning the chicken chunks in. Stir them around until they start getting brown on the outside.

Step Six: Pour the beer into the pan.

Step Seven: Pour the jar of mustard into the pan and stir the mustard and chicken around for a while.

Step Eight: Mix in either a tablespoon of sugar or squeeze the honey bottle three times into the pan and stir it around.

Step Nine: When the mixture boils, turn it down to low heat and simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes. You'll know it's right when the concoction looks more like sauce than carbonated beverage.

Step 10: Cook rice.

Step 11: Pour the chicken concoction over the rice.

Step 12: Eat.

This looks like a great recipe. Think I'll give it a try...probably substitute artificial sweetener for the sugar/honey. Wonder if a good bottle of Beck's Dark would give it a fuller flavor.

Michael, you're a braver man than me with that gas stove. I'm completely paranoid about those things...lived in a place that had one, and I was constantly checking to make sure it was turned off. Felt like I had OCD -- couldn't leave the house until I'd checked the stove three times.

Michael, you're a braver man than me with that gas stove. I'm completely paranoid about those things.

You are confusing me with Michael. I am not Michael. My name is . . . On second thought I prefer to be anonymous, so I think we'll leave it at Thaimo.

I have had no problems with my gas stove and I have come to prefer it to an electric stove. Power failures are not uncommon here, but even when the power goes out, with a gas stove I can still cook. It is more difficult to keep clean, though.