Thaiway

Bangkok Immigration Office to Change Location

Rate this topic

Immigration Bureau to move to Chang Wattana

Immigration Bureau will move from its Soi Suan Plu office to new location in the new Government Office Center on Chang Wattana road this month, a senior immigration officer said Friday.

The new office is situated on the second floor of Building B, New Government Center, which is near Consular Department of Foreign Ministry.

It will be fully open for service on September 28, Pol Lt Col Uraiwan Harnpradit said, adding the Bureau will still provide service at Suan Plu Office until September 25.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/30112032/Immigration-Bureau-to-move-to-Chang-Wattana

Immigration Bureau to move to Chang Wattana

Immigration Bureau will move from its Soi Suan Plu office to new location in the new Government Office Center on Chang Wattana road this month, a senior immigration officer said Friday.

The new office is situated on the second floor of Building B, New Government Center, which is near Consular Department of Foreign Ministry.

It will be fully open for service on September 28, Pol Lt Col Uraiwan Harnpradit said, adding the Bureau will still provide service at Suan Plu Office until September 25.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/30112032/Immigration-Bureau-to-move-to-Chang-Wattana

I learned through a Thai legal service that the Suan Plu office will still be opened for people living outside of Bangkok such as Nonthaburi or Pathum Thani.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently have been to the new location just to explore the place before I really am obliged to go. I hate getting lost especially if driving there.

If you've been to the Ministry of Foreign affairs, it is right next to it. You could always park your car at the MOFA and walk a couple of hundred meters to the immigration office. Hard to get there by the MRT or BTS unless you go to Chatuchak Skytrain station and take a taxi for 120 baht or so.

If you're driving from the tollway and taking the Eastern ring road, you should exit at the ChaengWattana Road sign (U-turn curve), drive straight for a couple of kms and then another U-turn to the MOFA.

• 3 weeks later...