Thaiway

What Are We Into?

Rate this topic

smoker

Never read any Hammett, but a few months ago, I decided to see what all the fuss was about with "The Postman Always Rings Twice" by James Cain. Excellent book. The thing that struck me is how we always how differently (and better) people behaved in past eras, but the story Cain told 70-some years ago could just as easily have been a story in a newspaper today.

I enjoy reading (technology-related, health and nutrition, and fiction), listening to heavy metal (Up the Irons!), exercising (jogging daily), and watching movies. I spend most of my time at work and browse around various shopping malls in BKK during the weekends.

If anyone enjoys jogging or knows of a jogging club in BKK, please let me know. I just hate jogging alone. Also I don't mind joining with friends to a nice pub with cool rock music.

So, I wasn't able to check out American Tabloid at the library. Apparently, I still have a DVD of "The Client" around here somewhere that the library wants back. Until I find it, I'm eighty-sixed. Can't blame them, though. Whining commences now: But jeez, to be banned over a movie of a book by the second-crappiest popular writer in America (after Dan Brown) just kinda sucks.

Got Blood's A Rover in the mail yesterday.

It starts out:

"You carry the seed of belief in you already. You recall the time this narrative captures and sense of conspiracy. I am here to tell you that it is all true and not at all what you think.

You will read with some reluctance and capitulate in the end. The following pages will force you to succumb.

I am going to tell you everything."

Man, I'm going to love this thing.