Thaiway

The American Embassy in the Kingdom of Thailand

Rate this topic

Dubbed as the third largest American embassy in the world, the US embassy in Bangkok, Thailand provides a wide-range of services geared towards the promotion of US interests in the South East Asian region in general. Along with the US consulate in Chiang Mai, the embassy is also tasked to provide services to American citizens who are working, living or visiting in the Kingdom. The current US ambassador, His Excellency Eric John heads both US embassy and consulate in Thailand.

The Consular Section

One of the two main functions of the consular section of the US embassy is to service foreigners who would like to go to the US for their Visa concerns. With its Visa section, the US embassy in Bangkok processes all types of US Visa applications available i.e. non-immigrant and immigrant Visas. Non-immigrant Visas include tourist Visas and business Visas while immigrant Visas can be in the form of K1 Fiancé Visa, K3 Marriage Visa, CR-1, IR-1, and Work Visa among others. Those living in the northern part of Thailand can tender their tourist Visa application at the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai as the consulate can process nonimmigrant Visas. Immigrant Visas normally take longer time to process owing to the rigorous procedure and requirements involved. Non-immigrant Visas meanwhile are processed within a few days upon submission of the Visa application. The Visa officers normally conduct interview with the applicant as part of the Visa application process. This is usually done by appointment.

Location in Bangkok

The US embassy in Bangkok is conveniently located at 120/22 Wireless Road, Bangkok, Thailand 10330. It is open from Monday to Friday from 7 AM to 4 PM. The embassy observes both Thai and US holidays. You can call the embassy through Tel: +66-2-205-4000.

Location in Chiang Mai

The US Consulate in Chiang Mai is on Wichayanond Road. The consulate can be contacted by phone Tel: +66-53-107-700. You can also log in to the consulate's official website below for more information.

US Visa Assistance

The US embassy Bangkok does not endorse any Visa agents to assist applicants in their US Visa applications. Applicants have the choice to enlist the services of reputable Visa agents to assist them with the daunting task involved in the US Visa application process. Be wary, though, about unscrupulous agents who tempt you with their low fees and fabricated success stories. It's always best to consult with US Visa professionals with a solid experience of assisting applicant in their US Visa applications.

Summary

The US Embassy in Thailand can be accessed online via their website at http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/. You can read from here detailed information about their various services.

Siam Legal International, US Visa Attorneys in Bangkok can assist you with US Visas in Thailand. You can request our free legal guide on How to Apply for US Visa in Thailand on our website.

George M. Londob works as a Business Correspondent for Siam Legal International, Thailand's largest legal service network with offices in Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai and Samui. The firm has international locations in London and Los Angeles. Siam Legal is a full-service law firm and provides a wide range of legal and Visa services. Visit Siam Legal on the web at http://www.siam-legal.com.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=George_Londob

The US embassy in Bangkok is conveniently located at 120/22 Wireless Road, Bangkok, Thailand 10330. It is open from Monday to Friday from 7 AM to 4 PM. The embassy observes both Thai and US holidays. You can call the embassy through Tel: +66-2-205-4000.

Think it's usually closed on the last Friday of the month.

I was surprised that the US embassy in Bangkok is the third largest in the world. They do have offices on both sides of Wireless Road. When I went to obtain a new passport there last year, I found them to be very organized and helpful. The place seemed to be always crowded.

The outreach program is a wonderful service, although the services they offer now are limited. They no longer are able to accept passports that require additional pages and of course you need to go to the Bangkok embassy to apply for a new passport. Simple things like an income verification letter, then the outreach program is great. Does the British embassy also have an outreach program?

Think it's usually closed on the last Friday of the month.

That is correct. Their regular office hours are 7:30am to 11:00am. Then they close, but reopen from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.

They prefer that you make an appointment. While they still accommodate walk-ins, the embassy has stated that the time will come when they will accommodate only those who have appointments. You can make your appointment online at:

https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=BNK&appcode=1

Does the British embassy also have an outreach program?

If they do, I have not heard about it. You will have to contact the embassy and ask. In Pattaya, there is a British Consul, Mr. Barry Kenyon. He can be found nearly every day at the Pattaya immigration office on Soi 5, Jomtien. I do not know if there are any British consuls in any other major cities in Thailand.

• 4 weeks later...

I was at Pattaya immigration office the other day and Mr. Barry Kenyon was there, as you say Thaimo. What a nice man. He was at the office helping everyone, not only British citizens. The little Thai trainees were helpful to me but I saw Barry answer questions and helping others.