Thaiway

How to Apply For a One Year Thailand Visa in the US

Rate this topic

There are three Royal Thai Consulates and one Thai Embassy designated in the United States of America. The Royal Thai Consulates are situated in Los Angeles, Illinois and New York. The Royal Thai Embassy is located in Washington DC. The embassy and consulates are the government agencies responsible for processing and issuance of Thailand visas. The working days are from Monday through Friday; however, the time for receiving of applications will depend on the specific Thai embassy or consulate.

One year Thai visa

Visas are the document evidencing that the holder has been given permission to travel to Thailand. The one year Thai visa, commonly known as non-immigrant visa, is a multiple entries visa with one year validity. Nevertheless, the immigration officer stationed at the port of entry will decide if the holder may stay. The usual allowable initial stay is 90 days. If extension of stay is desired, he may apply in the Thai Immigration Bureau.

For this type of visa, the purpose of visit may involve:

* Business (Type "B")

* Mass media (Type "M")

* Study ("Type ED")

* Missionary work (Type "R")

* Scientific research (Type "RS")

* Visiting family (Type "O")

* Official duties (Type "F")

* Employment (Type "B")

* Retirement (Type"O-A")

Thailand Visa Application and Requirements

The request for one year non-immigration Thailand visa is handled in Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates. The Thai visa application may be submitted in person or via mail. The documents annexed with the application form are valid passport, recent photographs and visa fees. Special qualifications and supplementary documents will be necessary based on the purpose of the visit. For example, if the person wants to apply for a nonimmigrant visa for the purpose of retirement, aside from the aforementioned papers, he needs to be at least 50 years of age and a passport which has at least one year validity is compulsory.

Upon Entry in Thailand

Normally, the immigration officer at the port of entry grants an initial 90 days allowable period of stay. This period may be longer depending on the case. Notwithstanding, in every event that an American stays longer than 90 days, he is required by Thai Immigration Law to report before the Immigration Bureau within the locality or in the absence thereof, the local police station.

Siam Legal International is a full service international Thailand law firm with offices in Bangkok and Los Angeles. We provide Thai visa assistance to those individuals who wish to stay long term for extended relaxation, doing business in Thailand or Thailand Retirement visa. You can visit this link for a fee copy of our Legal Guide to Thailand Visa. Dennis Ramm is the Managing Partner for Siam Legal International, Thailand's largest legal service network with offices in Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai and Samui. The firm has international locations in London and Los Angeles. Siam Legal is a full-service law firm and provides a wide range of legal and visa services.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dennis_Ramm

There are many honorary Thai consulates across the US and world. The smaller consulates are much easier to work with and more helpful. Here is a link of a list of honorary Thai consulates. I am not sure how up to date the list may be. http://www.guidetothailand.com/thailand-travel-information/honcon-americas.php

There are many honorary Thai consulates across the US and world. The smaller consulates are much easier to work with and more helpful. Here is a link of a list of honorary Thai consulates. I am not sure how up to date the list may be. http://www.guidetothailand.com/thailand-travel-information/honcon-americas.php

Think it may do with how the honorary consuls get paid. They get paid for issuing visas and don't get paid if they don't issue a visa.

I came across the honorary Thai consulates by accident. Originally, I thought there was only the big consulates in LA, NY, Chicago and the embassy in Washington D.C. Surfing the web, I came across the list of the small honorary consulates. I emailed them a few questions and received an immediate response. When I went to apply for my one year non-immigrant multiple entry visa, the lady said to send it to an address in Bakersfield, California. This was not the same address that was listed and so I thought maybe it was a scam. I then decided to send my application to the LA consulate, but after a few weeks, it came back with more documentation required. I went ahead and emailed another question to the honorary consulate and found out she was on vacation in California. Wow, still working while on vacation. She was so helpful and quick with her responses, too. I figured I would trust her and so I sent the application and money to the Bakersfield address. Lo and behold, I had my visa in five working days. This is the same application that was sent and rejected by the LA office. Needless to say, I think the honorary consulates are the best.

I don't have the address anymore. The honory consulate was a midwestern one but just in Bakersfield on vacation. That is the reason I freaked out. She told me to send my passport and money to the California address.

Here's some:

Royal Thai General Consulate in Chicago, United States of America -

700 North Rush Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611 Telephone: (312)

6643129 Fax : (312) 6643230

Royal Thai Consulate in Coral Gables, United States of America - 2801

Ponce De Leon Bl., Suite 550, 33134. Telephone: (305) 445-1447, FAX

(305) 446-9944

Royal Thai Consulate in Dallas, United States of America - 1717 Main

St., Suite 4100, 75201.

Royal Thai Consulate in Denver, United States of America - 1123

Auraria Pw., Suite 200, 80204. Telephone: (303) 892-0118

Royal Thai Consulate in El Paso, United States of America - 4487 N.

Mesa, Suite 204, 79902. Telephone: (915) 533-5757

Royal Thai Honorary Vice Consulate in Gross Pointe, United States of

America - 280 Moross Rd., 48236. Telephone: (313) 884-7075

Royal Thai Consulate in Atlanta, United States of America - 900

Ashwood Pkwy., Suite 300, 30338. Telephone: (404) 399-4245, FAX (404)

399-4012

Royal Thai Consulate in Boston, United States of America - The

Berkeley, 420 Boylston St., Room 403, 02116.