Thaiway

Baby Hippo

Rate this topic

Wino

I understand that a baby hippopotamus went missing from the Chiang Mai Night Safari. The baby hippo was soaking in a tub of water at the zoo’s veterinary hospital when the guard fell asleep. When the guard woke up the hippo was gone. Is Bob out there joining in the search and rescue operation?

I understand that a baby hippopotamus went missing from the Chiang Mai Night Safari. The baby hippo was soaking in a tub of water at the zoo’s veterinary hospital when the guard fell asleep. When the guard woke up the hippo was gone. Is Bob out there joining in the search and rescue operation?

No, I haven't been looking.....but it might explain the large footprints I found in the jello in the refrigerator this morning....

(how the hell do you lose a hippo?)

You know those young ones have a mind of their own. I hope the hippo is found safe and sound. Here is the story.

Bangkok - Thailand's Chiang Mai Night Safari has launched a search and rescue operation for a baby hippopotamus that went missing from the zoo's veterinary hospital last week, media reports said Sunday.

The baby hippo was last seen in hospital on Thursday, soaking in a tub of water, the Bangkok Post said.

A security guard assigned to watch the hippo fell asleep and when he awoke the animal was gone.

Hospital staff found tracks leading to a nearby forest in the Chiang Mai Night Safari, which covers 127.6 hectares. Officials dispatched 100 people to search for the hippo but prospects of its survival are deemed low in light of the animal's youth and poor health.

The zoo, situated about 650 kilometres north of Bangkok, has been the target of criticism for poor management and mistreatment of animals in the past.

Read more: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/asiapacific/news/article_1517300.php/Thais-hunt-for-missing-hippo#ixzz0Yzpdi1LW