Thaiway

What Cats Do When Home Alone

Rate this topic

Wino

What do cats do all day? According to the following article, cats spend 22 % of their time looking out the window, 12% playing with other family pets, 8% climbing on chairs or kitty condos and just 6% sleeping, 6% looking at TV, DVD or computer, 6% hiding under tables, 5% playing with toys, and 4% eating or looking at food.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091203/ap_on_fe_st/us_pets_cat_cams

And what about the other 31%?

That's when they're trying to bury me in the sandbox....

You're either a cat person or you aren't. I "aren't." Other than thinking most kittens are rather cute, I generally dislike cats with a passion. A lot of them don't do diddley - just sit there looking superior and occasionally piss on the walls or something of the sort. If I walk into a house and can smell a cat (which, thankfully, isn't too often), I just about gag.

Okay....the cat lovers can have at me....hehe.

This was a news article and not a scientific study published in an animal behavior journal. Take it at face value, valid or not. What they did was to put cam collars on fifty cats. The camera took a photo every 15 minutes. It is interesting how active cats are while the owners are away. I bet most dogs would be asleep on the couch.