Thaiway

Word Of The Year

Rate this topic

Wino

This word is a new one for me. I am not on Facebook or other social networking sites and so that might be the reason why.

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) – "Unfriend" has been named the word of the year by the New Oxford American Dictionary, chosen from a list of finalists with a tech-savvy bent.

Unfriend was defined as a verb that means to remove someone as a "friend" on a social networking site such as Facebook.

"It has both currency and potential longevity," said Christine Lindberg, senior lexicographer for Oxford's U.S. dictionary program, in a statement.

http://news.yahoo.co..._words_unfriend

I prefer defriend as in deplane not to be confused with Tattoo's "the plane the plane"

Thanks. That brings back great memories!

Wino, you aren't missing much by not being on Facebook. I did it for a few months, but got tired of it pretty quickly. I don't really need to know every time one of my friends goes to the dentist or hears a funny joke at work.

I actually enjoy it. Although friends from years gone by come out of the wood work and people you don't even know well want to be your friend. :)

I haven't tried Facebook, now, I know I won't for sure.

You should give it a try anyway. It can be fun if done right and you block all the BS posters that crowd your own page.

It can be fun if done right and you block all the BS posters that crowd your own page.

If you get an account, I definitely would second that recommendation. People you barely know will fill your newsfeed with all sorts of inane drivel. But I do have to admit that it can be kind of cool to find out what friends you haven't seen in a while are up to. And I did kind of like some of the game apps on Facebook...especially Mafia Wars.

Wino, you aren't missing much by not being on Facebook. I did it for a few months, but got tired of it pretty quickly. I don't really need to know every time one of my friends goes to the dentist or hears a funny joke at work.

Glad I have missed out on the craze. I did hear a friend brag about the number of friends he has on facebook. BIG DEAL!