Thaiway

13 reasons why I love Thailand

Rate this topic

Every fibre of my body aches to live in Thailand.

I step outside, the heat wraps around me, and the smells waft up my nostril. Despite the stench of durian, rotten fruit, previous evening’s garbage and falang vomit, I feel alive.

Two steps later, I’ll smell incense and pork roasting and all will be good again.

Every step in Thailand brings you something new to savour: tastes, smells, warmth, humility, friendliness and spiritual peace.

...snip

4. Friendly and Fun People

Thais aren’t so friendly that they will go out of their way to talk to anyone who walks by. They do respect your privacy, but if you are interacting with them, then you are welcomed in like part of the family.

You instantly feel good around them and all your guards drop because you know all they bring to the table is acceptance, warmth and love. On my recent trip to Thailand, I laughed a lot with the Thais and I realized just why they are so awesome.

They want to laugh more than they want to argue, complain or be bitter.

It’s all about the sanuk. Why would you want to view life in any other way? Life is fun! Don’t take it too seriously.

Read more of this blog with beautiful photos of Thailand here: http://www.ytravelbl...-love-thailand/