Thaiway

Visa question

Rate this topic

Dear all,

I've been working for a Rajjabat for 4 years and I'm a bit concerned about the procedure to follow when you have to get a new work permit.

I was told I had to cancel my wp on the 25th, then I would have 24h to get out of the country. I would then have to travel to Cambodgia to get a 15 days visa AND the next day I would have to be at the immigration office with all the paperwork ready (from the new school) and get a new Non-immigrant B visa + wp.

Is anybody familiar with that system. It just sounds way to complicated for a European, I cannot imagine how thai would be able to deal with those on time -*-

Need advice please...

Is anybody familiar with that system.

That does not seem correct. Who gave you that information? Normally, if you are working for a school, then the school handles all the necessary paperwork to get a new work permit. If that is not the case with your school, then it would be advisable to visit your local immigration office and ask about the procedure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear all,

I've been working for a Rajjabat for 4 years and I'm a bit concerned about the procedure to follow when you have to get a new work permit.

I was told I had to cancel my wp on the 25th, then I would have 24h to get out of the country. I would then have to travel to Cambodgia to get a 15 days visa AND the next day I would have to be at the immigration office with all the paperwork ready (from the new school) and get a new Non-immigrant B visa + wp.

Is anybody familiar with that system. It just sounds way to complicated for a European, I cannot imagine how thai would be able to deal with those on time -*-

Need advice please...

Normally, when you resigned or left from the school and you have to get a new work permit. Yes, you need to cancel your current work permit before getting a new one from the new school. However, as we faced this experience before, you will have times at least 7 days to cancel the work permit. Also, you can still stay in Thailand with the current non immigrant B visa until it expires. If possible, please update about your current situation at this time when you saw my these messages.

• 4 weeks later...