Thaiway

Notifcations

smoker

The notifications system is really awkward. If I start a topic I should automatically be notified of responses - I shouldn't have to hit "watch this topic" because it adds extra steps you don't need. Obviously if someone starts a topic they want to be told of responses.

Also, there should be an option where you are automatically watching any topic you respond to.

The notifications system is really awkward. If I start a topic I should automatically be notified of responses - I shouldn't have to hit "watch this topic" because it adds extra steps you don't need. Obviously if someone starts a topic they want to be told of responses.

Also, there should be an option where you are automatically watching any topic you respond to.

I agree. Is this possible?

If I start a topic I shouldn't have to click "watch topic" and then go through those three screens. I started the topic, so obviously I want to watch it. It should be automatic. And the same thing when I reply to a topic - it should automatically notify me when there is a response. I shouldn't have to go through the "watch topic" thing.

If I start a topic I shouldn't have to click "watch topic" and then go through those three screens. I started the topic, so obviously I want to watch it. It should be automatic. And the same thing when I reply to a topic - it should automatically notify me when there is a response. I shouldn't have to go through the "watch topic" thing.

I agree, but I do not assume that everyone would want to make it automatic. Perhaps the programmers can put in place an option for automatic notifications, including the ability to disable that option.

It is in your Settings area. If you go to where you name is highlighted, Click there and My Settings. Then there is a tab in that area called Forums. When you go to the Forum area of My Settings, you will have an option there to click and have Instant Notifications for every topic you reply to.

Also, you can watch entire forums so that whenever anyone posts in that forum, you will have that ability as well.

i absolutely agree with you

It is in your Settings area. If you go to where you name is highlighted, Click there and My Settings. Then there is a tab in that area called Forums. When you go to the Forum area of My Settings, you will have an option there to click and have Instant Notifications for every topic you reply to.

Also, you can watch entire forums so that whenever anyone posts in that forum, you will have that ability as well.

Thx u for the explanation :rolleyes: