Thaiway

Phnom Penh Embassy Single Entry and Double Entry Info

Rate this topic

I went to the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh today to get a double entry visa. They said it was not allowed at this embassy at this point in time. I have done this here many times and never had an issue. They said that in order to get a double entry, you must have an airline ticket going into Thailand, out of Thailand and then back in again. That is the only way they would give you a double entry.

I have always used the guys outside for same day Visa. But, they said they would only be able to do same day for one entry as well. I have always given then 20 US for a Single and 25 US for a double but they could no longer do the double entry.

The visa to Thailand is still free. I showed up on a Thursday and they wanted me to come back on Tuesday. I explained to there I was only here for the weekend and he let me get my visa the next day but it is not a guarantee. There were 3 others in front of me and he would not do next day for them and he would not do double entry for anyone.

So, if you are looking for a Double Entry Visa to Thailand, Phnom Penh is NOT the place to go at this point.

Went back to get my Visa today and it was a mess. People were told 3:00 PM and I was told 4:00 PM. They post their closing hours as 4:30. I was there at 4 and was told not ready yet. The only ones that were getting passports were those that were agents. No one that was a single person waiting for one Visa and Passport was getting them.

I waited and waited. The workers there were rude to anyone that approached the window that does not have a daily interaction with them and they were brushed aside. After 1 1/2 hours another man came in and started doing the same thing. I went to him and he said no. I showed him the passport was in front of him. He looked at it and threw it in the window.

No consideration at all. Not a place I recommend to get a Visa.