Thaiway

Our forum is new and can be found at Thai Visa News - Index

I think you need to check some of what is on your forum for accuracy. For example, in the retirement visa section I saw, in the required documents area, "Medical Certificate..." A medical certificate for a retirement visa has not been a requirement for years. The only circumstance under which a medical is required is when applying for a Thai driving license.

If you intend to provide legal advice about Thailand, it is your responsibility to confirm that your advice is valid. Do you have someone on your web site who is a licensed Thai attorney? If not, then what are you doing providing legal advice about Thailand, especially inaccurate advice? If you do have a licensed Thai attorney, you need to prominently post a copy of his credentials.

I think you need to check some of what is on your forum for accuracy. For example, in the retirement visa section I saw, in the required documents area, "Medical Certificate..." A medical certificate for a retirement visa has not been a requirement for years. The only circumstance under which a medical is required is when applying for a Thai driving license.

Partially true, I believe. Yes, you don't need the medical certificate if you are applying for a long-term visa (a/k/a one-year visa or retirement visa) while you are in Thailand; however, if applying for it in your home country, it is required (or at least it was required for two friends of mine when they obtained their long-term visa in Canada and the US within the last 2 years).

That is correct if one is applying for the visa outside of Thailand. However if you carefully read what was posted, it is quite clear that this listing was for applying for the retirement visa within Thailand. If in fact he did mean applying from another country, then a police report is among the required documentation. There is no mention of a police report in his documents list.

I'm sorry, but that site is portraying itself as providing legal information. There are people who are going to rely on that information. It at least needs to be accurate and reliable. All if it.