Thaiway

work permit

Rate this topic

I don't have a clue but wish you well (you could check the Thai immigration website but, ultimately, I'd recommend you use a Thai lawyer).

I know an ex-pat from the states who owns a bar down here in Hua Hin. He doesn't have a work permit and he's careful not to wait tables, go behind the bar, etc. But, while there, he's effectively managing the bar and I've wondered if his investment might be at risk (especially given that a lot of what the cops and immigration do is so discretionary). Perhaps a pissed-off ex-employee could cause him a lot of trouble.

Best of luck owning a bar anywhere. I've always shied away from that on the theory that I might end up over-using the inventory myself or simply end up sick of the administrative stuff. But there's obviously thousands of ex-pats here that don't think like I do.

I am Canadian and stay 5 months a year in Thailand. I just purchased a bar and was wondering whatI have to do to get a work permit?

If you are in Canada, you need to contact the Thai embassy. If you are in Thailand, you need to contact your immigration office. If what you need turns out to be complex, then I suggest hiring a Thai attorney.