Thaiway

Working In Thailand

Rate this topic

Thaifan

I have a Retirement Visa Type O-A. Does anyone know whether I can apply for a Work Permit from within Thailand or is it true I have to fly to Singapore and apply for a Type B Visa first. I had retired but have been offered a job and they are happy to apply for a Work Permit for me but have said I need to leave the Country first and get a different type of Visa. Is this correct? Anyone who has experienced a similar problem your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Retirement Visa Type O-A. Does anyone know whether I can apply for a Work Permit from within Thailand or is it true I have to fly to Singapore and apply for a Type B Visa first. I had retired but have been offered a job and they are happy to apply for a Work Permit for me but have said I need to leave the Country first and get a different type of Visa. Is this correct? Anyone who has experienced a similar problem your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

No experience but I should think the company you will be working for knows the process. Doesn't hurt to visit the local immigration office to see what they say. I should think you could fly to a closer destination like Phenom Phenn, Penang, or Vientienne instead of Singapore. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

DOES ANYONE HAVE IDEA HOW TO GET WORKING VISA OF THAILAND??

You must enter Thailand on a non-immigrant visa or change from a tourist visa to a non-immigrant visa after you find employment. You must have a work permit to be able to work in Thailand. Your employer will help you secure the work permit.