Thaiway

The Who's Halftime Show

Rate this topic

Beer Chang

No matter how much money one has, it seems you can always use a little more. Or maybe they just love to play music in front of a large audience? For some that is an adrenaline rush.

For guys like Jagger, it'd be hard to contemplate that he would need the money. But I would imagine that they simply have to get the adrenaline rush, as you say, of performing live before adoring fans. And, for some of them, it's probably fun in part to perform and to be around your long-time friends. While most of them probably love their home life and private time, the urge to essentially go party and be treated like royalty has to tug at their hearts occasionally.

Some shooting stars spend their money like it will never end. It is quite a wake-up call when they find they are down and out in Beverly Hills.

Always amazing to see people that have earned millions piss it all away. But a lot of them were young and stupid (versus "old and stupid", I suppose), had no clue how to manage money, and presumed it would last forever.

I remember when my home state started the state lottery some 30(?) years ago or so. The original deal was for a million dollars (but paid at the rate of $50,000.00 a year for 20 years) and too many of the winners were dumb enough to think they were millionaires. Supposedly, 4 out of the first 7 winners ended up filing bankruptcy. :blink:

Playing lotteries in the extreme amounts that most winners do, shows poor money management skills to start off with.

You are more likely to be struck by lightning on the way to buying your ticket, than in winning the jackpot. I guess people figure somebody has to win, why not me?

The half-time show certainly wasn't one of the bands best but go back less than 5 years to Live Aid in Hyde Park and it was the 'old boys' who blew away all the youngsters that day. The Who and Pink Floyd were superb musically no matter their age.

As to why they carry on, well, not for me to speak for them but if it were me I imagine that I'd probably still love it.