Bus To/From Airport

Rate this topic

Beer Chang

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good deal is the big yellow bus from Jomtien Beach to Suvarabhumi. Last year the price was 106 baht. Limited times, though 9am, 1 pm, 4 pm, and 19:30 pm. Call 038-231142 for more information.

This service has proved to be very popular and the company has expanded their service. You may call and ask for the current schedule or if at the airport, look for their booth on the first level by exit door #8. The fare is now 124 baht and they also use newer blue and white busses.

Not all people need door to door service. The Jomtien-Airport bus station is now across the street from Pan Pan restaurant. One can easily flag down a baht bus or motorcycle taxi.

Their website is not up to date. There is now also a 19:00 bus from the airport. I've also been told during busy times they sometimes add exra busses.

The company verified by email that I can also get off at Sukhumvit and Pattaya Tai. Not sure if you can board there.

Lastly, make sure you walk to the main road and flag down a bus baht for 10 baht. There have been reports that the drivers who wait to meet the bus ask for 200 baht per person.

When I am traveling light, I usually do not mind taking the above bus. With heavy luggage I stick with Bell Travel Service Bus. At 200 baht it is a little more expensive, but worth the door-to-door service. Bell's Travel now has several mini vans to take customers home. Early on, they had one mini van and it was annoying taking six different people all over town. Of course, I was the last to be dropped off and it took what seemed to be forever to arrive home.

I'm wondering if somebody can comment on the Bell bus (or is it a mini-bus?). What's the legroom like and how are the seats?

A few weeks back, I took the bus from Suvarnabhumi to Jomtien and loved that bus....decent seats and lots of legroom. On the return, I ended up in a bus from the north Pattaya station that, while air-conditioned, had much worse seats and almost no legroom (I'm still wondering if I could have found a better bus there).

So, yea, the Bell deal sounds inviting if the legroom and seats are decent. Like Lvdkeyes said, I wouldn't lose any sleep over the extra 76 baht (plus I probably paid most of that for a ride to the hotel from the bus station).

I have used Bell many times and have never had a complaint about leg room on the bus. The mini bus is a typical 9 seat minibus. Not the best for leg room, but the ride is short.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure the Bell deal is fine but, personally, I actually enjoy the ride more in one of the nice air-conditioned buses. More room, smoother ride, easier to watch the countryside, etc. But I very well may give Bell a try the next time I get the hankering to visit Pattaya (which, admittedly, is only about once every 2-3 years and then I can only handle it for 2-3 days).

I may have been misleading. The mini van is only from home to the N. Pattaya bus station or from the station to home. From the N. Pattaya bus station to the airport is a nice air conditioned bus.

Or maybe I misread it. Thanks for the clarification - now I have no reason not to give Bell's service a try. I saw their booth/table at Suvarnabhumi and almost stopped there in the first place. Next time I will.

I saw their booth/table at Suvarnabhumi and almost stopped there in the first place.

To my knowledge Bell Travel Service has no booth/table at Suvarnabhumi, unless it is something new in the last few weeks. The Jomtien bus has a booth, but all Bell has is a small sign by some chairs where people wait for the next bus.

I am not sure if this is a new policy, but a while back, I walked up to one of the representatives hovering around the waiting area. I said I would like to go on the next bus to Pattaya. He asked if I had a reservation and I said no. He went off and made a call and gave me a ticket and a business Bell card/paper with the phone numbers on it. He said next time I need a reservation.

One annoying feature, I experienced with Bell on a recent trip, is they sometime do not leave on time. At ten minutes past the hour, the ladyboy in charge kept counting the passengers and looking at his clipboard. I couldn't understand why he did this a half a dozen times, delaying our departure. Finally twenty minutes past our schedule time of departure four more passengers show up. More counting and then finally two Arabs come aboard. Thirty minutes late, we finally depart.

To my knowledge Bell Travel Service has no booth/table at Suvarnabhumi, unless it is something new in the last few weeks. The Jomtien bus has a booth, but all Bell has is a small sign by some chairs where people wait for the next bus.

As I noted, I went to Pattaya via the bus at Suvarnabhumi just 5-6 weeks ago. And against the one wall was a table with a Bell sign and some Bell people there - and I got the impression that I could walk right up and buy a ticket from them to Pattaya (I didn't as I already purchased a ticket on the VIP public bus). There was some lady there with some paperwork, a cash drawer, and, if my recollection is right, a small sign reflecting the departure times and ticket prices. While I suppose it could have only been a meeting point, it didn't look that way to me (I didn't stop and ask).

The problem is not Bell, but rather the passengers who are not ready when the van comes to pick them up. I used Bell on Apr 12 and when the van got to a hotel the passengers had just gotten to the lobby and insisted to have their breakfast even though the driver told theen there were other passengers waiting. It would have served them right if he had just told them they would have to get to the bus station on their own and left, but, that is not the Thai way and they want the business. When I get back to BKK on 20th I will check to see if there is a Bell booth at the airport and if they say anything about making a reservation. They have never said anything to me in the past. I do intend to voice my concern about having to wait when other passengers are late, especially waiting while they have their breakfast.

Then I don't understand what's so special about their service. What do they expect you to do while selfish inconsiderate people who are not ready on time don't mind making everybody else wait while they have themselves a nice leisurely breakfast, or whatever they are doing? If it were me I would be furious. I'm paying them to get me to the airport. I'm not paying them to make me wait for people who can't be bothered to be ready on time and then I possibly have to be rushed at the airport or even miss my flight. Also, when I get on the van, I'm expecting to leave at the appointed time. I can't believe they expect people to just grin and bear it, and sit around waiting while people are having breakfast. I would have thought the driver would tell them there are other passengers who need to get to the airport and they need to come right now or find another way to get to the airport. If you can't rely on them to stick to their schedule and have to worry they might force you to wait for those kinds of things, then this is not a service I would want to use. That may be the Thai way and they may want the business, but if that's the way I potentially can find myself treated, then they won't be getting my business.

The problem is not Bell, but rather the passengers who are not ready when the van comes to pick them up.

The problem is Bell. If the management and staff do not realize they need to somewhat stick to a schedule, then the business will decline. The incident I experienced was at the airport waiting for late passengers. I can see waiting for 10 or 15 minutes but beyond that, the bus should have departed.

I used Bell today from the airport to Pattaya. There is no booth, only a sign on a tripod between gate 7 and 8 on the 1st floor. They did not ask if I made a reservation. I talked to the guy about the problem of waiting for late passengers and he said he would tell them in the office. It would be beneficial to everyone who uses their service to let them know when these kinds of things happen.

I like the idea of having two bus companies with the airport to Pattaya route and vice versa. When arriving at Suvarnabhumi, I have the choice of the next available bus to Pattaya. It is not usually a very long wait.