Thaiway

Bus To/From Airport

Rate this topic

Beer Chang

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good deal is the big yellow bus from Jomtien Beach to Suvarabhumi. Last year the price was 106 baht. Limited times, though 9am, 1 pm, 4 pm, and 19:30 pm. Call 038-231142 for more information.

• 2 weeks later...

Another good deal is the big yellow bus from Jomtien Beach to Suvarabhumi. Last year the price was 106 baht. Limited times, though 9am, 1 pm, 4 pm, and 19:30 pm. Call 038-231142 for more information.

Inflation has reared it's ugly head. This fare is now a whopping 124 baht. They quit handing out a free snack and bottle of water, too.

I certainly don't think 124 baht from Jomtien to the airport is "whopping".

I was being a little facetious there, although to the average Thai around a 15% increase and a decrease in service is probably no joke.

• 2 weeks later...

During high season, they add extra buses. The Suvarabhumi-Jontiem Beach schedule has been greatly expanded. The fare is now 124 baht. They have a booth in the airport on the bottom floor by exit gate 8. The bus does not go to Pattaya bus station on Pattaya North road, but does stops to let off passengers at Sukhumvit and Pattaya Nua, Klang, and Tai before ending in Jontiem.

Yes they do. The bus stops at the main bus station and you quickly get into vans based on where you're headed as well as a quick chance at the hong nam. I suppose there are certain geographic limits though and you have to be able todescribe how to get to your home.

A friend was staying at a guesthouse east of 3rd Road not on the drop down menu and they found him.

For door to door service I don't want to fool around with cheaper alternatives and I'm willing to wait around the airport for an hour to save 900 baht. The cheapest car service I've found from the airport is 1000 which includes tolls but not tip. From Pattaya to the airport 800 is doable.

But I prefer the safety of the bus and also like to arrive early at the airport in case something goes wrong. I've heard of guys that have to pay exhorbitant rebooking fees if they miss a flight.

Will they pick up and drop off at home or hotel?

This particular Airport-Jomtiem bus service does not provide home pick up or drop off service. That would be the Bell Travel Service bus which I also use and is excellent. Both bus service meeting points are on the ground floor of the airport between exit gate 7 & 8. When at the airport, I usually use the bus service which has the next bus to go, although I understand Bell Travel bus wants you to pre-book, now. I did not have a problem as a walk-in a few weeks ago, but the agent did give me a brochure and said to call beforehand.

Motorcycle transportation is not the safest mode of travel, but it is easy, quick and inexpensive. In case you happen upon a dare devil-type driver, cha cha is a good Thai word to know.

I do not know the statistics on the safest mode of transportation, but I should guess flying would be the safest. For me, I feel safest when I have the most control and that is walking. Others probably do not feel the same, especially if they are unsteady on their feet and are in need of assistance.