Thaiway

Airport Worker Plants White Powder In Passenger's Luggage

Rate this topic

Beer Chang

AN airport worker has been disciplined after pretending to plant a bag of white powder in a passenger's bag as a "prank".

Rebecca Solomon, 22, a student at the University of Michigan, was having her bags screened at Philadelphia airport before her flight to Detroit, US, when the incident occurred, the Associated Press reported.

She said a Transport Security Administration officer stopped her, reached into her laptop bag and pulled out the plastic bag.

He then allegedly demanded to know where she had gotten the powder.

Ms Solomon said she struggled to come up with an explanation and feared a terrorist or drug smuggler may have planted the bag in her luggage.

"He let me stutter through an explanation for the longest minute of my life," she wrote in the Michigan Daily.

"Tears streamed down my face as I pleaded with him to understand that I'd never seen this baggie before."

Shortly later the worker smiled, waved the bag at her and then declared that it actually belonged to him.

Ms Solomon made a formal complaint about the incident and was told he had been disciplined.

"I had been terrified and disrespected by an airport employee," she said. "He'd joked about the least funny thing in air travel."

TSA spokeswoman Suzanne Trevino said the employee's action were "highly inappropriate and unprofessional" and said he was no longer with the agency.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/airport...0-1225823888883