Thaiway

Posing Nude

Rate this topic

Wino

Posing nude in a national magazine did not hurt this US Sentor-elect. I wonder if it would have been different if Ms. Coakley did the same?

Long before he was a politician, the Republican candidate vying for Ted Kennedy’s U.S. Senate seat posed nude for the centerfold of Cosmo. Scott Brown won our “America’s Sexiest Man†contest and appeared in the June 1982 issue. In those days he was a 22-year-old law student at Boston College who was cramming for finals just days before stripping down for our photographer.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrity/news/scott-brown-nude-in-cosmo

Posing nude in a national magazine did not hurt this US Sentor-elect.

I am one of the people disappointed that a Republican won, but I really don't see how the fact that he posed nude should disqualify him to be a senator. If nothing else, it gives a whole new meaning to transparency. Bill Clinton didn't inhale. Meanwhile he turned out to be one of the best, if not the best, of the modern presidents.

Scott looks much better, in my opinion, with his clothes on.

Yep, he doesn't do much for me in any manner (physically or politically). But I guess, in a weird sort of way, it's nice that the Republicans didn't reject him just because he posed nude when he was younger. Now, had he actually had the temerity to say he smoked pot or maybe even cheated on his wife, that might have been another story....hehe. I do get so warm and fuzzy when one of the right-wingers gets caught with his/her pants/skirt down.

• 3 weeks later...

Quote: I really don't see how the fact that he posed nude should disqualify him to be a senator.

I wonder if it would disqualify a female to become a senator or even a congresswoman? Would Hilliary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi be where they are today if they posed nude at the age of 22?

They say JFK was voted into office because of the female vote. Many women voted for him because of his looks. I remember one republican friend say JFK won because his father bought votes in Chicago. If true, politics in the US at that time is similiar to Thailand politics. Don't they say Thaskin bought votes to win the election?