Thaiway

All UCan Eat Breakfasts

Rate this topic

Beer Chang

I have to agree with lvdkeyes. Years ago the Lek Hotel was very good and the best breakfast deal in Pattaya. Now I wouldn't go if it was free. I heard the restaurant had changed management. Ever since it went downhill and stayed there. The Diana Inn and the Apex are maybe about one notch better than the Lek Hotel.

Since the days when the Lek Hotel was good, many more of these kinds of breakfasts have opened in Pattaya.

If you want to spend the money, I think about 800 baht, it's hard to beat the breakfast at the Marriott.

That Danish restaurant I mentioned earlier on this thread is the best I've found so far in Pattaya.

You get what you pay for. The Marriott, Royal Cliff, Dusit buffets are usually excellent, but you pay the price. Apex and Lek can be hit or miss but what do you expect for 110 baht? Something simple like scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, coffee and fruit are hard to mess up. You would pay much more for coffee, juice and an egg McMuffin at McDonalds.

Can you grind the beans at Tops are are they already ground?

I don't know about Tops, but you can at Villa Market. I am not sure, but I think I might have seen a grinder at Foodland. If you have a recent model blender, many of them come with a coffee grinder attachment and you can grind your coffee at home.

I don't like instant coffee either, but the ready ground coffees are good enough for me. There is an inexpensive brand called Doi sold at Villa Market and probably elsewhere too. I like their French Roast and it's only 115 baht for a 250 gram bag. It's a Thai coffee and some of you will frown on that, especially if you are among those who accept the idea that the best coffee necessarily comes from Colombia, but Thailand grows excellent quality coffee and I do recommend giving some of the domestic brands a try. If you like it as I do, you can save a lot of money.

Quote: "I can grind the beans right in the store. I'm under the impression that coffee tastes best if it's brewed soon after grinding."

The blue mountain brand of Moccona coffee I bought at tops was already ground and in a vacuum sealed package. I think it is as good as the beans you grind in the store.