Thaiway

W and Slick Willie Lead Haiti Relief Fundraising

Rate this topic

Beer Chang

Good thing W is in charge of fundraising instead of logistics, heckuva job Brownie!

Former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton to Lead Haitian Relief Fund

Former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush have been

asked by President Obama to lead a relief effort to aid

Haiti's earthquake victims.

At times of great challenge, "Americans have always come

together," Mr. Obama said, with Bush and Clinton at his side.

"Responding to disaster must be the work of all of us."

The two former presidents announced the Clinton Bush Haiti

Fund to help raise money for Haitians suffering from the

devastating earthquake that struck Jan. 12. A Web site is at

www.clintonbushhaitifund.org.

Read More:

http://www.nytimes.com?emc=na

Are you serious ???? where have you been all your life never to have heard about POTUS. Maybe you are as dumb as a post. Note - rhetorical answer.

First, I have to ask you to watch your wording. Getting personal and insulting other posters is absolutely not acceptable on this message board. I don't want to lose you as a poster here, but I issue this kind of warning only once.

Second, I consider myself reasonably intelligent, well educated, well read, and well rounded, and I too have never encountered the POTUS acronym before. Does that also make me "dumb as a post"?

I think we have a lot of "dumb as a post" posters. I didn't have a clue as to what it meant either. Perhaps it is a generational thing or maybe a phrase used in Europe? I don't think Patpong meant it personally, but certainly if someone can call GW "dumb as a post" then it is no big deal to send it right back to the original poster.

Ok, I apologise if I offended anyone. I did try to soften my reply by saying it was a rhetorical answer, using the same sort of words as the previous poster. I thought you would all see the (black) humour in my response.

I am astonished that you all have not heard the term POTUS. It's often used in books (I read fiction like Ludlam & Clancy) where the US president is referred as POTUS by the secret service. Just google POTUS, plenty of references, even in wikipedia.

GW can't be totally ignorant simply because he's had all the privileges and education that money can buy; however, there were reports from classmates about his difficulties at Yale (which maybe in part were due to more of a lack of common sense and a whole lot of abuse of alcohol).

But, face it, daddy did indeed get him the job at the oil company and his position with the baseball team. Those positions, along with being governor of Texas (which, yes, came to him because of his name and wealth and rich Republicans) were his sole background for becoming the President. Rather sad in my view (his daddy, given his background, was eminently qualified to be President).

Not all troubles can be laid at the feet of GW or any President. But it'd be fairly easy to list many major FU (you can figure out that acronym) that GW did.

Rich and powerful people are able to work wonders. I hear the Royal Family of England are not very brainy, but seem to go to the right schools. JFK junior had a little trouble passing his law exams, but somehow managed.