Thaiway

patong beach bars

Rate this topic

dirtyferang17

just thaught i would start this up to see were people like to drink party hangout or just chill ive been to patong half a dozen times now and my favourite spot is the blue lotus bar (on facebook as blue lotus) its on bangla road directly across the road from soi crocadile ladyboys its a top bar there are no bar girls there now i know alot of us go there for the girls and im just as guilty of that as the next man but it realy is an awsom bar plenty of room great sound system awsom staff its owned buy a thai lady named jit she is great ive walked out drunk and left my walet and camera on the table and i go there the next morning and its all still there not a cent missing ive had to go get money to pay my bill dont worry whoppa just pay when you come back tomorrow she says there 3 big plazmas to watch all your sport on and normally on our last night there she goes all out and buys heaps of seafood big trays of currys pad thai rice bbq sqewers puts on a full spread for us always gives us free drinks its not much compared to the money we spend in there but we still appreciate it last year she took us out for the night ten pin bowling and she paid for everything the ten pin drinks food good times anyway lets here were you like to go

Now that hurt trying to read that. No offense meant, derty, but a little grammar, spellcheck, and punctuation (like put a period at the end of a sentence?) would greatly enhance whatever it is you're trying to convey.

Way to go guys to attract new members, which this forum desperately needs. As far as I can see there are only about less than 10 regular posters. Give this new guy a break ... :angry:

As a moderator on this forum, I have to agree with lvdkeyes. While it is true that this forum is not yet exactly brimming over with new posters (and I believe it eventually will be as more and more people become aware of this forum), I do think it is incumbent upon members to make the effort to post coherently. I don't think asking people to post properly will cause potential members to choose not to become members. If anything, I think if this forum hosts numerous unreadable posts, that is what would drive people away. Also, why post at all if you can see that the "audience reaction" is such that people are going to avoid trying to read the post?

For those who have difficulty writing a post, Bob's suggestion is a good one. If you first write your post on a word processor instead of directly into the forum, run the proofreading checks, and then simply copy and paste, while it still may not be perfect, the post will be far easier to read than simply writing a string of words and completely ignoring any semblance of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

I think people should spend a moment proofreading before hitting that POST button. I don't think that is too much to ask.

grammar, spellcheck, and punctuation

Grammar and spelling isn't very important to me. But I can't read one big paragraph because it hurts my eyes. Easier for me would have been:

just thaught i would start this up to see were people like to drink party hangout or just chill

ive been to patong half a dozen times now and my favourite spot is the blue lotus bar (on facebook as blue lotus)

its on bangla road directly across the road from soi crocadile ladyboys its a top bar

there are no bar girls there now i know alot of us go there for the girls and im just as guilty of that as the next man

but it realy is an awsom bar plenty of room great sound system awsom staff

its owned buy a thai lady named jit she is great ive walked out drunk and left my walet and camera on the table and i go there the next morning and its all still there not a cent missing

ive had to go get money to pay my bill dont worry whoppa just pay when you come back tomorrow she says

there 3 big plazmas to watch all your sport on and normally on our last night there she goes all out and buys heaps of seafood big trays of currys pad thai rice bbq sqewers puts on a full spread for us always gives us free drinks

its not much compared to the money we spend in there but we still appreciate it last year she took us out for the night ten pin bowling and she paid for everything the ten pin drinks food good times anyway lets here were you like to go

As a moderator on this forum, I have to agree with lvdkeyes.

Oh dear, I had no idea you were a 'moderator'. Why is that not obvious in your profile ? How many other moderators are there ? I only see Administrators listed.

And getting back to the issue at hand, you are not exactly being welcoming and friendly to new members. I've made my point again, and now I'll zip it .. :P

Guess it should be "aren't" instead of "isn't". :o

But in either case the meaning is crystal clear and that's what communication is all about.

I often cringe myself at some of the things I've written (I do know better). The mistake I often make - and which absolutely dumbfounds me as I clearly know the difference - is inserting "their" when it should be "they're." You ought to hear the nasty names I call myself when I see that I occasionally repeat that same error (and, if I'm lucky, can edit it before anybody notices it and wonders if I graduated ahead of Jethro DeBodine...).

My intent wasn't to slam "dirtyferang17 (and I welcome him to the board too) and I did say "no offense meant." But, frankly, dirty, you need to change your style just a wee bit if you expect me to wade through it. Hopefully, you can do that or you will take a look at the suggestions Thaimo makes above.