Thaiway

Beer Here

Rate this topic

What Beer Do You Drink  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What Beer Do You Drink In Thailand?

• Heineken
    • San Miguel Lite
    • Singha
    • Tiger
    • Leo
    • Chang
    • Archa
    • Other
    • I Don't Drink Beer

Being a bit lowbrow with my drinking habits, I drink Chang beer when I'm drinking beer.

And poster Beer Chang votes for Archa???

Well, sometimes I drink Chang, I refer it in a glass with ice to water it down.

Archa just seems like a poor user name and I only drink it cause it's cheap, 20 baht a t Friendship Supermarket.

I like beer and it really makes no difference what brand. If it is wet and cold, then I like it. I voted for Heineken because that is what I will drink when I am out in a bar. At home, I am more budget minded and will often drink Chang, Leo or whatever is on sale.

I hate the showoffs too. Why order expensive call drinks and drown the taste with a mixer? I knew a guy that said he can only drink a certain beer. We did a taste test with his brand and three others. He picked out his brand on the second try.

Looks like Singha Corporation is trying to keep its hold on the Thai market. They are expanding their brand by adding three more labels. Here is the article.

The Singha Corporation announced recently that it was in the process of preparing 3 new draft beers for production in 2010. The rapid expansion of their range directly relates to the announced downturn in the Thai beer market for 2009.

Thailand, the 15th of December 2009 [PDN]: Due to some very positive feedback that was received from trial sales, Singha Marketing Manager Mr. Chatchai Viratyosin has stated that the corporation will launch three new ranges of the popular Thai beer in 2010. Black Beer, Copper Beer and Lager Beer will be the names of the new labels, which will be on shelves sometime mid-2010.

The Singha Corporation is a subsidiary of the Boon Rawd Holding, the first and largest Brewery in Thailand. They produce the Singha and Leo beer brands as well as a host of other Singha labelled products, such as mineral and soda waters. Currently the Singha Corporation holds a 65% share of the Thai beer market, which is expected to rise as a result of the impending release of 3 new ranges. Despite Singha’s relative success the Thai beer market has contracted by approximately 14% this year with a market value of between US$2.4 and US$2.7 billion falling from US$3.3 billion in 2008.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000011455

• 2 weeks later...

im a tiger man i love the stuff cant get enough of it i must drink hundreds of them when im up there even when i come home back to australia i will go and buy a box of it every so often but its bloody expensive here compared to $2 a stubby ober there but in saying that on my last trip a freind put me onto the sam miguil lite not a bad drop tiger is still #1 though