Thaiway

Sarah Palin

Rate this topic

rucus7

There is a long list of inappropriate words that many people use when referring to other people.

Some people go overboard with what is appropriate or not. Who is to judge? Some people think it inappropriate to use "negro" these days.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter if you use nigger or nigga, both words are derogatory.

I think everybody agrees with you (although it was accurately noted that black Americans in the US on occasion use the term between themselves in a different manner - though there are some black Americans that object even to that).

Lvdkeyes stated, "I had a black friend tell me one time, "You can use the "N" word with me." I told him I wouldn't do that."

Isn't that sweet, what a true friend. Did you tell him in he can use " honkey" with you? If you were inclined to use the "N" word, make sure you use nigga instead of nigger.

Lvdkeyes stated, "I had a black friend tell me one time, "You can use the "N" word with me." I told him I wouldn't do that."

Isn't that sweet, what a true friend. Did you tell him in he can use " honkey" with you? If you were inclined to use the "N" word, make sure you use nigga instead of nigger.

This board has been great so far as most posters have been fairly respectful and adult in their discussions and disagreements. This particular post (which I think is rather stupid and childish), I hope, is not a sign of things to come.

My previous remark was flippant. Perhaps I should not have had that last beer? I was trying to better understand Lvdkeyes remarks.

Quote: "I was pointing out that Blacks don't use nigger, which is a derogatory word; they use nigga, which for them to use among themselves is not derogatory."

You are saying these are two completely different words? One is an acceptable term and the other a derogatory term? I disagree. These are the same word with a different accent and they are both derogatory. Although I have heard the word used amongst black friends, it is still a put down.

Quote: "I had a black friend tell me one time, "You can use the "N" word with me." I told him I wouldn't do that."

Did your friend make it a point to have you call him a nigga instead of a nigger? Maybe I am wrong in my thinking and you are right.