Thaiway

Sarah Palin

Rate this topic

rucus7

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I have to get with it. I don't think I heard of POTUS before (except, maybe, on a tv show or in a movie) and I sure as hell have never heard or seen MILF before. Guess I'm FUCKED (stands for Fogey Under Constant Kinetic Energy Drain).

By the way, anybody remember the line Robin Williams used in the movie Good Morning Vietnam in a bit of sarcasm to the geeky senior officer using too many acronyms. What he said:

"Excuse me sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT, because if it leaks to the VC, you could end up an MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP."

Lvdkeyes stated, "At least most know what those acronyms mean. "

Granted, maybe you know what those acronyms mean, but doubt most people would. If you were to take a wider world view, I think you would have the same results as you and the POTUS issue. Why not ask bf and see if he knows them all?

I am not sure most American's would even know those acronyms. Remember all of those smart people on Jay Leno's, "man on the street" skit. Maybe most educated Americans or more informed Americans, would be safer to say.

Did anyone see Sarah and her daughter on Oprah? Seems Bristol has now learned her lesson and is going to try to abstain from sex until she is married. A lofty goal, but not realistic in my view. I bet Levi thinks that sounds like a crock of sh*t?

Did anyone see Sarah and her daughter on Oprah? Seems Bristol has now learned her lesson and is going to try to abstain from sex until she is married. A lofty goal, but not realistic in my view. I bet Levi thinks that sounds like a crock of sh*t?

Nope, don't get Oprah here in Chiangmai.

As to the daughter's lofty goals, it seems to me somewhat like the old axiom that there's not much sense in closing the barn door after the whatever escaped. Why anyone, though, would allow their young daughter to discuss topics like that on a talk show is beyond me.

Sarah Pallin didn't like Emanuel's use of the "r" word, but it might be okay for Rush Limbaugh to use it. That seems like a double standard to me.

Limbaugh lamented that "our political correct society is acting like some giant insult's taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards." That comment caused Greg Sargent to request a reaction from Palin's spokeswoman. It also caused confusion over whether Palin believes Limbaugh's public statements - like Emanuel's private ones - crossed the line.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100205/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1114

Rush is telling it like it is.

Sometimes it's just a wee bit difficult to understand the real gist of your comments.

Are you suggesting it's okay to call some developmentally disabled kid a retard?

And/or or you suggesting that Rush Limbaugh is not a neanderthal bigot?

What I'm saying is that if it's acceptable to call a person an idiot, then it's OK to call him a retard.

A developmentally disabled kid can be called retarded but not a retard IMO.

That's what I thought you were trying to say. Some people call it being politically correct (usually from the right wing side of things) but I'd call it being educated or enlightened. Some perjorative terms (such as "retard" or the "n" word) are not, in my view, acceptable terms.