Thaiway

Off His Rocker

Rate this topic

Wino

Here is another example of some crazy guy. Is this insanity or stupidity?

LONDON (Reuters) – A British man on the run from police sent a picture of himself to his local paper because he disliked the mugshot they had printed of him as part of a public appeal to track him down.

South Wales Police had issued media with the photo of Matthew Maynard, wanted by officers investigating a house burglary, as part of a crackdown on crime in Swansea.

When it appeared in the South Wales Evening Post, the 23-year-old sent the newspaper a replacement photo of himself standing in front of a police van. They obligingly printed it on the front page.

The police thanked him for helping them in their appeal, saying: "Everyone in Swansea will know what he looks like now."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091109/od_nm/us_mugshot_odd

You guys ever read the book "Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets" by David Simon?

It's about a reporter from the Baltimore Sun who spent a year with the city's homicide squad and wrote about the cases they worked (the book was the basis for the show Homicide: Life on the Street).

In the book, Simon recounts this case in which the teenage suspect would not admit to a shooting...so the cops told the kid their copier was a lie detector, and made him put his hand in it. They'd ask him questions, then hit "copy." If I remember right, they'd pre-loaded it with sheets of paper that had the word "Lie" written on them. After a few rounds, the kid got so flustered, he finally gave it up.

One of my favorite dumb crook stories ever.

This falls in the category of "Too dumb to be a crook."

I recall years ago a guy went into a bank and handed the teller a not that said, "I have a gun. Give me all the money." It was written on the back of his deposit slip.

Another "too dumb" category is the guy that robbed the 7-11 wearing his brother's army jacket. He forgot that it clearly printed his last name on the front of the jacket.

Back in my hometown, we used to joke that a criminal is somebody that's so dumb that even a detective can catch him (which, of course, was a double swipe at both the dumbass criminals and the Barney Fife's of our police department).

There's a sheriff's department in Florida that started a anti-gang squad of undercover cops and actually named it the ROGUE Unit (I forget what the acronym stood for). They couldn't figure out why anybody thought the name was a bad idea. First week, they shot an unarmed retarded black man in the back.

Maybe another wacko off his rocker or just a lonely drunk?

TAMPA, Fla. – Florida police say a man arrested for repeatedly calling 911 looking for sex claimed it was the only number he could dial after running out of cell phone minutes. Tampa police said 29-year-old Joshua Basso made sexual comments to the 911 dispatcher and asked if he could come to her house. Investigators say she hung up, but he called back four more times.

He was arrested about 15 minutes later at his home late Wednesday and charged with making a false 911 call. Basso reportedly told officers that he didn't think he would get in trouble for calling 911.

Tampa jail records show Basso is being held without bond but don't indicate whether he has an attorney. He is listed as unemployed with arrests for theft and other crimes dating back to 2001.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091114/ap_on_fe_st/us911_sex_call

They do things differently in Texas, too. Here is yet another example of a wacko. This nut is trying an innovative approach to push his pot.

BROWNSVILLE, Texas – A 19-year-old man was jailed on a drug charge after he allegedly went door-to-door trying to sell marijuana. A Brownsville police spokesman said Anthony Carrazco's alleged scheme went awry when he knocked on a police officer's apartment door.

Spokesman Jimmy Manrrique said the episode happened Thursday downtown near the University of Texas-Texas Southmost College campus. He said Carrazco appeared to be intoxicated and allegedly had three ounces of marijuana with him that he tried to sell door-to-door. Finally, Manrrique knocked the off-duty police officer's door. The officer "said he would be right back and went to get his badge and handcuffs."

Manrrique said the officer, whose identity was withheld, also found a handgun hidden on the man. Carrazco remains in a Cameron County jail with bonds totaling $10,000. No attorney was listed in his booking record.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091117/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_door_to_door_pot

I'd rather have somebody show up at my door trying to sell me pot than have some Jehovah's Witness come knocking. Actually, the last unexpected knock I got on my door was some toothless redneck chick wanting to know if the place next door was for rent. I told her the house had recently sold to a young black couple who were moving in any day.

TAMPA, Fla. – Florida police say a man arrested for repeatedly calling 911 looking for sex claimed it was the only number he could dial after running out of cell phone minutes. Tampa police said 29-year-old Joshua Basso made sexual comments to the 911 dispatcher and asked if he could come to her house.

I used to volunteer at a crisis intervention hotline.

The women volunteers would have at least one sex call every couple housr from guys who couldn't afford 900 numbers.

Hard for me to understand why anyone would try and hit on a 911 operator. Even hitting on a crisis interventon operator is kind of weird but at least I can understand that situation al little more. Here is another weird article. Why would a marijuana dealer call the police about this type of robbery?

WICHITA, Kan. – A man and woman who reported to police that robbers stole their marijuana are now facing charges themselves. The 32-year-old man and 29-year-old woman told police five armed men came to their Wichita apartment late Monday night and took marijuana.

Police said one suspect accidentally fired his gun and spooked the other suspects. They ran from the apartment to a white Cadillac, dropping marijuana along the way.

Police found more marijuana inside the apartment.

The couple were booked on suspicion of various drug charges, including selling drugs within 1,000 feet of a school.

http://www.ap.org/