Thaiway

Thailand's Transsexual Miss World crowned

Rate this topic

Desiree

This is one of the reasons I love Thailand, it's acceptance of all people.

Transsexual Miss World contest aims to boost awareness

Shimmering in a tight gold evening gown, a Japanese television host wept and called for greater tolerance as she was crowned the world's most beautiful transsexual at a pageant in Thailand.

Haruna Ai,37, beat off stiff competition from 20 other glamorous contestants at the Miss International Queen 2009 who came to the Thai beach resort of Pattaya from as far as Brazil and the United States.

"I am very,very, very happy," a tearful Ai told AFP minutes after the previous title holder carefully placed a faux-diamond tiara on her head.

"I want contests like this to show everyone that they should love each other and live freely. The way of life in Japan is more traditional and transsexuals cannot live freely, but in Thailand they can do what they want," she said.

More: http://news.malaysia...umentid=3681529

This is one of the reasons I love Thailand, it's acceptance of all people.

You have to love the people of Silverton, Oregon also. They love their transgender mayor in that they elected her to office, but not everyone loves the way she dresses. Hit the link and you will see the mayor sitting at her kitchen table.

(NBC) - After hours of debate Monday night, the Silverton City Council has decided to censure its transgender mayor.

Mayor Stu Rasmussen came under fire after he wore an open-back bathing suit, mini skirt and high heels when he went to speak before a group of local kids.

A member of the non-profit organization that hosted Rasmussen was not happy with the attire and filed a complaint with the city. The complaint charged that Rasmussen's dress violated the city's dress code.

The City Council found the public complaint to be founded and publicly reprimanded the mayor by censuring him.

Resident Joe Craig said the mayor wore the attire to draw attention to himself and called Rasmussen's actions "shameful self promotion."

Resident Ilene Conrad says it's much to do about nothing and said there wouldn't be any discussion about the dress if Rasmussen was a woman.

By censuring the mayor, the city council got on the record as officially disapproving of his outfit.

http://www.wsfa.com/....asp?S=10847060

Here is a picture and article about the winner.

"Japan's Ai Haruna beat out 24 contestants from several nations competing for the coveted 2009 Miss International Queen title. The host Thais had to settle for homegirl Kangsadal Wongdusadeekul being the first runner up. Brazil's Daniela Marques was second runner up."

http://transgriot.bl...ernational.html

post-116-12571737623054_thumb.jpg

Haruna Ai,37, beat off stiff competition...

Tell me I'm not the only immature one who got a laugh out of this line.

You have to love the people of Silverton, Oregon also. They love their transgender mayor in that they elected her to office, but not everyone loves the way she dresses. Hit the link and you will see the mayor sitting at her kitchen table.

I've never been to Oregon but have always had such a good impression of the state because of socially progressive communities like this.

By contrast, did you guys hear about the city manager of Largo, Florida who was fired a couple of years ago when he decided to undergo a sex change? The city tried to claim that it would be a "distraction" to other city workers.

She eventually became Susan Stanton and was hired earlier this year as the city manager for Lake Worth, Florida. I know the decision was entirely up to her, but I was flabbergasted when she announced that she was not going to sue her former employers. If anyone deserved it, it was that backwards ass city council.

I was there and the Japanese contestant really helped herself in the final Q&A.

Do you think the judges did a good job? Do you think the Japanese contestant was the best and the Thai contestant runner-up?