Thaiway

Motorbike accidents - 2 well know residents killed

Rate this topic

patong

In the last week or so we have the tragic deaths of 2 well know residents.

Simon Grant and Wayne David Maule.

Phuket Marina Manager Dies in Motorcycle Mishap

By Alan Morison

Friday, October 23, 2009

UPDATE

DETAILS have been posted of the funeral arrangements for Ao Po Grand Marina manager Simon Grant. He will be farewelled over several days from Monday, October 26, and his ashes scattered at sea in Phang Nga Bay on Thursday. For more information, go to www.aopograndmarina.com or call Adam Frost 0n +66 (0) 81 9796636

Original Report

SIMON GRANT, the genial manager of the Ao Po Grand Marina, died in hospital after a motorcycle mishap yesterday afternoon.

His boss and good friend, marina managing director Kasern Chiarasomboon, told Phuketwan today that Mr Grant had just taken delivery of a new Honda 750.

Rest of Phuket Wan article ---->

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket-marina-manager-dies-road-mishap-11714/

Briton killed in Phuket bike crash

CHERNG TALAY, PHUKET: A successful British advertising director was killed when his motorbike smashed into a six-wheel truck in Cherng Talay in Phuket this afternoon.

Wayne David Maule, 56, was riding a Honda Click down Srisoonthorn Road towards Surin when the tragedy happened at about 1:15pm.

The truck driver said Mr Maule veered into his truck from the opposite lane near the Plaza Surin shopping center.

“I’m not sure whether he was drunk or fell asleep,†he said.

“As soon as he came towards my truck, I was terrified and broke immediately.â€

The driver said that when he got out of his truck, Mr Maule’s bike was caught in the back wheels.

Mr Maule’s body was lying on the road behind.

“I knew he was dead,†he said. “I couldn’t bring myself to look at the body, I was so scared.â€

A police investigation into the cause of the accident continues.

Mr Maule is understood to have retired to Phuket, following a successful career directing advertising.

In recent years Mr Maule, who had made his home in Australia, had produced commercials for brands including Lexus, Surf and Qantas.

– Gazette reporters

http://www.phuketgazette.net/dailynews/index.asp?id=7933&