Thaiway

Comparison Shopping In Thailand

Rate this topic

It's always good to get the product you want at the best price. So I was thinking we could start some threads about where we can get the best price on particular items so we can all save some money. :D

My request is that each thread be about one product only so it will be easy to compile results later. For general comments about no particular product please use this thread. B)

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit confused, Beer. A different thread for each product? Let's see, we'll have a soap thread, a socks thread, and a german weiner thread?

Unfortunately, I really don't pay attention to what a bar of soap costs me. I do go to Tesco or Tops to buy basic staples and foodstuffs as it's obviously cheaper there than at the local corner store or 7/11. But, as to what a particular item costs me (I do avoid the foreign stuff as it generally costs more here than back at home!), not particularly within my radar.

it's obviously cheaper there than at the local corner store or 7/11.

That may not be the case. I've done comparison shopping. Unlike the USA, the 7-Elevens, Family Marts, etc, in Thailand do not charge rip-off prices. I've found their prices to be on par with grocery store prices and sometimes even cheaper.

That may not be the case. I've done comparison shopping. Unlike the USA, the 7-Elevens, Family Marts, etc, in Thailand do not charge rip-off prices. I've found their prices to be on par with grocery store prices and sometimes even cheaper.

I tend to agree.

But if buying, let's say toilet paper, you can't buy 24 rolls at a cheap price.

Although the "squirter" as you call it, is not exactly like a bidet, the concept is somewhat similiar. The French have been using bidet's since the 1700's and many people think it much more practical than toilet paper. I see nothing wrong with using the squirter as long as a good handwashing occurs after the fact.

• 2 weeks later...