Thaiway

X-Men Fans?

Rate this topic

WannaGo

I see that kind of movie only because my bf likes them. Given my druthers, I would skip them. He sees movies with me that are not exactly his cup of tea also, so I can't refuse to go with him.

I bet he'll really dig Wolverine, then. Outstanding addition to the series.

• 2 weeks later...

In the first X-men installment (out of the Trilogy), a love loomed out between Wolverine and Rogue, which is of a kind so familiar that even if it was a special effects movie, it is now in my top ten romantic movies list of all time.

You might want to give the first X-Men another viewing...Rogue was a child and Wolverine a grown man. She might have had a little-girl crush on him, but he made it quite clear that it wasn't going to happen. The only relationship that developed between them was big brother-little sister, not romantic. That would have just been creepy. Wolverine's love interest in the movie was Jean Grey.

You might want to give the first X-Men another viewing...Rogue was a child and Wolverine a grown man. She might have had a little-girl crush on him, but he made it quite clear that it wasn't going to happen. The only relationship that developed between them was big brother-little sister, not romantic. That would have just been creepy. Wolverine's love interest in the movie was Jean Grey.

Yes, I meant Jean Grey, played by Famke Jansen. I am sorry I got mixed up with my x-men characters. :D

As a kid, we used to have these playing cards with X Men characters on them along with power stats like stregnth, agility, mental power etc. I wonder if you've had those playing cards as kids as well.

I don't remember cards, but when I was in the 5th and 6th grade in the early 80s, there were about a dozen of us guys who passed around all the new X-Men comics we could get our hands on.