Thaiway

Multiple entry visa

Rate this topic

I can tell you about a retirement visa. You must be 50 years old or older, have a Thai bank account, have 800,000 baht in the account for 90 days OR have a letter from your embassy stating you have an annual income of 800,000 baht (or combination to make the 800,000 baht) and a type "O" (90day) visa. You take all your documents to immigration, pay the fee and get a one year retirement visa which is renewable annually. You must report your address every 90 days and have a re entry visa to return if you leave Thailand.

Some people are saying money in the bank for 60 days, not easy for the first timer to have money in the bank for the full 90 days on a 90 day visa.

I've understood that you don't need the full 90-days for the first time you get a long-term (also called retirement visa by some) visa. But, as usual, that may vary from office to office (or week to week).

Even day to day or officer to officer.

I'm sure I don't know the record switcheroo time period but I had one immigration guy tell me two different things in about a 3-hour time period. But, what the heck, he did have lunch in between my two appointments.... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

If you get a multiple entry 60 day visa which in my case would be 3 entrys.

Is there a requirement in the date you have to start the 2nd and 3rd entry

If you hold the Tourist Visa with triple entries, you can make the extension for the 2nd and the 3rd entry at any immigration office in Thailand.

If you hold the Tourist Visa with triple entries, you can make the extension for the 2nd and the 3rd entry at any immigration office in Thailand.

Sorry, I am not understanding that. Sure you can make a 30 days extension for each entry at any Thai Immigration office (costs 1,900 baht), but then you have to exit Thailand. You then enter Thailand again and obtain your next 60 day stamp at the arrival point. A lot of people get confused with the visa and he entry/exit stamp dates. Be careful to leave Thailand or obtain an extension before the EXIT date. You must make your 3 entry to Thailand before the expiry date of the visa, and even if the last day of the visa you still get 60 days on arrival (+ the option to extend for 30 days)