Thaiway

Most annoying words

Rate this topic

Wino

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people, mainly movie stars etc say ''it's like really good, or it's like nice''....it's not ''like'' it either is or isnt. Another irritant is...''at this moment in time'' of course it is! An elaborate way of saying nothing.

Have you ever watch Star Trek? At the beginning it says...''to boldly go where no man has gone before'' then the movie starts and when they get to where they are going there is always someone there!!!! In any case we don't boldly go we go boldly (we don't quickly run we quickly) but thats Americans for you, ruining the English language ;-)

I had a cockney bf in UK. Verbal communication wasn't easy. What I find worse than difficult accents is people who truly butcher the language.

What do you mean "people who truly butcher the language?"

I mean people who don't know when to use "you" and when to use "I", gone/went and generally use bad grammar.

People that butcher the language are usually poor and uneducated. I feel sorry for them. I find the language snobs more annoying. People that think they are so superior. I have no use for that type.

The ones who kill me are the people who've been taught better, but still talk like sister-fucking rednecks or gangbanging hood rats and are actually proud of the fact that they don't speak anything approximating proper English. Yes, confirming your ignorance with every word that falls out of your mouth is something that should always make you proud. Jackasses.